Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
THE UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN'S FUND (UNICEF)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTOR/ CONSULTANCY
SHOCK RESPONSIVE SOCIAL PROTECTION SPECIALIST
Level of experience: Junior [ ] 1-3yrs Medium [X] 4-10yrs Senior [ ] more than 10yrs
Location: LACRO, Panama
Language(s) required: English (native) (written and spoken). Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
Closing date for applying to this consultancy: May 23, 2018
Duration: 11 Months
Estimated start date of this consultancy: June 1, 2018 Estimated end date: 30 April 2019
Under the guidance and supervision of the Regional Advisor, Social Policy and in close collaboration with the LACRO Regional Emergency Unit, consultant will support the design, implementation, and monitoring of shock-responsive social protection systems in the Caribbean Region including, if in agreement with country disaster risk management strategies, cash transfer response during emergencies. Building capacity of Caribbean country offices in these areas, ensuring that UNICEF has a leading role in country dialogue in this area, and ensuring a regular coordination and partnership with other relevant regional actors, including CDEMA, is a critical role of the post.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Position will base in Panama LACRO with travel to Caribbean country offices, as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Advanced University degree in International Relations, Public Administration/Public Policy, Humanitarian Affairs, Development, Social Sciences, or a related technical field. - Cash transfer programme expert, with several years experience in the design, implementation of cash transfers preferably in Latin America. In particular: (i) Consultant has designed targeting mechanisms (vulnerability needs assessments or others), understands management information systems for cash transfer implementation, has set up the operational aspects of beneficiary registration and payments, (ii) is versed on the methods of monitoring and evaluation of cash transfers, having evaluated the operation of cash transfer programmes, and being familiar with the research on cash programming; (iii) can analyse data with STATA, and advise soundly on the methods for M&E of cash transfer programs.
-Experienced in capacity building and training of (national) cash transfer programme teams. Possesses a professional network in the area.
- Advisory role is grounded in ample operational cash transfer experience.
- Experienced in integrating shock-responsive social protection strategies into regional/national social protection policies, institutions and systems
- Experienced in designing and implementation humanitarian cash transfers programmes
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute complex processes across a wide range of stakeholders. This is not an academic position. It is expected that the successful candidate has implementation experience that can feed advisory dialogue and emergency work.
-Advanced ability to work quickly and under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization. Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent (native) communication abilities in English (written and spoken)
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a financial proposal. Proven experience and financial proposal will be taken into consideration during selection process.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates may submit their application in the followinglink:LINK
The pre-selection of candidates will be done after closing date. Please note only selected candidates will be contacted.
Interested consultants to indicate ability, availability and rate (weekly/monthly) to undertake the terms of reference.
Applications submitted without a fee/ rate will not be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=512970