Site Focal Points
PATH, Kinshasa, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
Specific duties include:
Supervision of health facilities:
- Conduct monitoring/supervision visits to project-support facilities using a simplified version of the project supervision tool.
- Provide technical assistance and support to project-supported facilities to: - Ensure that service providers are monitoring follow-up services provided to HIV-exposed and HIV-infected children, in accordance with national guidelines/standards protocols.- Provide with CD4 counts and biological monitoring for all people living with HIV (PLHIV) in accordance with the recommended schedule;- Offer the minimum package of positive prevention services to PLHIV;
- Support provision of psychosocial support for PLHIV at the facility-level and community-level, including helping revitalize PLHIV support groups;
- Ensure that health care workers screen PLHIV for opportunistic infections and other comorbidities, including ensuring provision of TB screening for all PLHIV, as well as appropriate nutritional screening, counseling, and treatment services to PLHIV;
- Ensure that cotrimoxazole prophylaxis is provided for all adults and children living with HIV;
- Ensure that provider-initiated counseling and testing is provided to individuals coming to the health facilities for services at all entry points, TB patients, and infants, children, and adolescents.
- Ensure that all project interventions and approaches are running smoothly.
- Contribute to monthly data reporting related HIV activities.
- Maintain and regularly update the workbook containing key site-level information for each project-supported health facility.
Monitoring and evaluation:
- Provide support to project-supported health facilities to correctly complete project data collection tools.
- Verify data submitted by health facilities to Tier.Net and work with health facilities to make needed corrections.
- Support the health facilities to organize internal validation sessions of reported data.
- Triangulate site-level data being reported to various reporting databases (Tier.Net; ProVIC; DRC canevas system) to ensure that data submitted is accurate and unified across the three databases.
- Ensure that health facilities submit and input data to required reporting databases at required time intervals.
- Well-organized, proactive, and motivated individuals.
- Proven ability to maintain accurate records and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with and foster relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills and strong ability to prioritize.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members.
- Proficient in working with computer software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French required
- This position requires one year of experience in a similar role, and applicants with demonstrated experience supervising facility-level technical activities related to HIV testing, care, and treatment for adults and children and maternal and child health activities, especially those with experience supporting PEPFAR and USAID health projects.
- Experience supporting data collection and monitoring and evaluation for health projects, particularly PEPFAR projects, is preferred.