Site Management Support Officer
Norwegian Refugee Council, Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
NRC in Bangladesh is in the final stages of obtaining registration as a legal entity (NGO) in Bangladesh. Once this is in place, NRC will be eligible to seek funding in-country, and to employ staff locally. Therefore, substantial scale-up of the operation is likely to take place in late 2018 and early 2019.
The purpose of the Site Management Support Officer position is day-to-day implementation of the delegated Site Management Support project activities, to support the field-level implementation.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated SMS project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by the SMS Coordinator
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Supervise SMS Assistants, including provision of capacity building
- Experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context, preferably in a camp setting;
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Higher education, preferably in social science or related fields;
- Strong inter-personal skills, working well both in teams and independently;
- Good written and spoken English;
- Good computer proficiency (Microsoft package; Mobile data collection apps).
- Previous experience in community-based activities, preferably in camp settings;
- Willingness to travel to the field daily and work in a potentially insecure environment;
- Previous experience in the Rohingya response is an advantage;
- Excellent written and spoken Bangla;
- Oral proficiency in Chittagonian and/or Rohingya.
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusiveness and accountability