World Vision LAOS (WV) has recently been awarded 1,500,000USD grant from the New Zealand Ministry ofForeign Affairs and Trade(MFAT)Grant, andWorld Vision InternationalNew Zealandto implement the SamouiNutrition Action Project (SNAP) in SamouiDistrict Lao People’s Democratic Republic (PDR), Commencing on 6thAugust2020 to 25thJune 2025:
The Project is part of World Vision New Zealand’s regional Program WOVEN (Tui TuiateOranga), Wellbeing Outcomes to end Violence,Enablelivelihoods and improve Nutrition (2020 – 2025).
World VisionInternational Lao PDR’sSNAP Project(SamouiNutrition Action Project)inSaravanprovince, supported by the New Zealand Government, aims to create supportive conditions for enhanced household nutrition. TheProjectwill improve nutrition outcomes, particularly foryoungwomen and children under five, by addressing key determinants of malnutrition in households in 15villages inSaravanProvince, improving dietary intake, infant and child feeding and care practices, and changed hygiene practices,gender relations at household leveland adolescent transition to adulthood. TheProjectwill have a strong focus on the first 1000 days of life which are critical in addressing childhood malnutrition.
The intended goal of the NutritionProjectisthatyoung children have improved nutritional status. TheProjectwill improve nutrition outcomes, particularly for boys and girls in the 1000 days frameworkby ensuring;
- Improved dietary and care practices among women of reproductive age and children under five
- Moreadolescents’transition to adulthood with improved health, nutrition and equitable gender behaviours
- Reduced incidence of selected Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) related illnesses, which contribute to malnutrition
- Children and their caregivers have improved access to timely, regular, health and nutrition services
- Improvedaccess tonutritiousfoodyear-round.
The project seeks to hire an Administrative Officer who based in the Saravan provincial office and reporting to the Project Manager – SNAP project (WV).
The Administrative Officer will be responsible for providing administrative and logistic support to SNAP project staff, including SNAP project manager.
- Objective 1 : Lead the logistics activities and procurement related to the SNAP project
- Objective 2: Responsible for the administrative of the offices Saravan Province and Samoui district.
- Objective 3 : Supervise the drivers team
Logistic coordination for SNAP Project
Procurement & Distribution
- Prepare Annual Procurement Plan in alignment with the SNAP Project Budget with full & complete details for every financial year
- Coordinate the procurement process of goods and services of field and Provincial office
- Liaise with National Office Supply Chain Officer for Monthly Reporting and Coordination meeting.
- Ensure the goods and services are delivered to user on time according to the procurement planning and ensuring lead time
- Collect quotations for purchase of goods/services for all field operational offices and invite a meeting of purchase committee for selection of vendor through strategic sourcing.
- Coordinate Goods and Services bidding process both for spot buys purchase and through Strategic sourcing
- Ensure the effectiveness of purchase, lead time and accuracy of orders of project and province.
- Maintain and update procurement database and make it accessible to Finance Department and Auditor (PR, Quotations, PO, Bidding, PO, and Contract)
- Liaise with Provincial Finance team for supporting document and payment to vendor/supplier on time
- Supervise the proper handling of logistics and transportation of goods and services to field office
- Ensure all suppliers/vendors are screened through BPS/EPLS
- Ensure all purchase is compliant to the Grant requirement
- Procurement coordination for SNAP Project
Supply Chain Reporting & communication
- Prepare monthly savings report on all procurement done for the month for SNAP project under the province
- Manage procurement logbook and saving tracking report.
- Maintain and update strategic sourcing contract, supplier database, and price catalogue at the provincial office.
- Report the savings to NO SCM on/before the due date every month
- Office Facilities and Admin Management:
- Record and maintenance of all assets, ensuring its safety by renewing vehicle insurance and AMCs periodically before its expiry.
- Maintenance of office building rent and utilities (electricity, water, janitorial functions etc.,) and renew office rental agreement before its expiry.
- Maintenance of vehicles and log books on a daily basis and monitor the mileage of each vehicle every month.
- Maintenance and record of all assets and Insurance Portal for Global Insurance/fleet/real estate purpose.
- Provide logistic support to organize meetings, training/workshop for field staff.
- Mitigating possible risks by ensuring safety and security to leased out building and assets owned by the organization.
Transportation and Driver Management
- Draw up a work plan,
- Carry out appraisal interviews
- Provide technical support to the team if necessary.
- Manage the base’s vehicle park and equipment.
- Carry out any additional responsibilities as assigned by Finance and Admin Team Lead or NO SCM Officer
Education, knowledge and skills
- Bachelor’s degree (Administration, Business, finance or similar field).
- At least a University degree and 3-4 years’ experience in development with a focus on logistic and administration
- Technical training and demonstrate knowledge on logistic and administration
- Good understanding of Lao Government policies, laws, and institutions and ability to work together with various stakeholders.
- Ability to identify and plan work strategically and to work to deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Lao.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to train others, ability to provide technical guidance and support to staff.
- Possess strong skills of working with computer, documentation, admin and office facility management, networking and managing vendors and consultant skills.
- Ability to function efficiently and effectively with little day-to-day supervision.
- Willingness to travel to the districts and villages on a frequent basis.
- An attitude of cooperation and understanding.
- Understand WV vision, mission and WV partnership operations with creative and innovative thinking
- Experience supporting logistic and administration in NGO context
Travel and/or Work Environment: Excepted to travel 20% of the time