The TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening (TB-IHSS) project is a 5-year USAID funded project that aims to strengthen national and regional level implementation of the National TB Strategic Plan by providing state-of-the-art capacity building and technical expertise to scale-up TB and DR-TB prevention, detection and treatment. The Activity will identify and help implement proven approaches to improve TB prevention, increase TB case detection rates, decrease default rates, and increase TB treatment success rates and TB cure rates.
Works closely with the TB-IHSS COP and technical advisors to design the implementation of SBCC and demand generation strategies, plans and activities. This includes producing audience-centered communication materials and tools, based on best available data and driven by behavior change and consumer marketing theory, that drive screening and treatment-seeking behavior and contribute to increases in case-detection, treatment initiation and adherence, and successful treatment completion, as well as stigma reduction among providers and affected populations. Works with creative and production firms to produce designs and materials, and contributes to formative and other assessments, as needed to inform SBCC. The SBCC Specialist will actively work with the Technical Specialists and technical leads of partners assisting with SBCC activity implementation and monitoring and addressing all supply/materials needs for all SBCC-related activities with national counterparts and partners.
- Leads the SBCC project’s component design, adaptation, implementation, and monitoring with program staff and technical experts in line with the project strategic plan and national needs and priorities.
- Leads and coordinates the development of communication strategies, campaigns and plans with the respective national counterparts and partners on both national and regional levels.
- Develop and discuss presentations and papers with national counterparts, USAID and other Implementing Partners (IPs).
- Supervises the developing, pre-testing, and producing processes of different communication tools (including print, social media and mass/multimedia products) and job aids based on evidence-based theories and methodologies, in line with the SBCC strategy.
- Ensure tools and products produced under TB-IHSS project comply with donor restrictions and branding requirements and receive appropriate donor review and concurrence prior to dissemination.
- Provides capacity building and ongoing monitoring of behavior change communications skills in collaboration with other project staff.
- Coordinating with research firms, advertising agencies, public relations experts, production vendors, community mobilizers, and/or consultants hired by the project to assist with SBCC or community level work.
- Liaises with FHI 360 regional SBCC technical advisors and team
- Coordinating with stakeholders and assisting with technical activities involving co-produced SBCC communications campaigns.
- Supervises the local contracts and monitors the ongoing functions and provides technical trouble-shooting for integral services, such as mass media programming or health worker training.
- Works and coordinates with the M&E team to monitor and evaluate the progress and impact of SBCC activities.
- Coaches and supervises the SBCC unit team to ensure team work and maximum productivity.
- Assists in documenting project results and impacts in various forms, including media stories, lessons learned, case studies, client satisfaction, and other areas, and contributing to regular quarterly and annual reporting.
- Remains up-to-date and knowledgeable on new and promising developments and latest evidence-based approaches to social and behavior change communications, communicate key findings and emerging trends for TB-IHSS staff and partners, and ensure that global best practices and innovations are reflected in TB-IHSS SBCC approaches.
- Performs other duties as directed by the COP.
- Ability to translate technical material for programming through various media channels, including broadcast and mobile technology-based media.
- Ability to travel domestically for activity monitoring.
- Facility with Internet and word processing software.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Articulate, professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team unit.
- Candidates with social marketing/demand generation or TB/DR-TB experience desired.
- Knowledge of USAID systems is desirable
WORKING CONDITIONS AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Usual office working conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically at least 25%.
- BS/BA in public health, communications, or related field.
- 5-8 years of SBCC or health communications experience with national reach.
- Experience in the field of Tuberculosis Prevention and Care projects or related fields is an advantage
- Prior work with international donors
- Prior work in a non-governmental organization (NGO)
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time