FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Social and Behavioral Change Communication (SBCC) Advisor for an anticipated Family Planning Opportunity in Nepal.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
The SBCC Advisor will serve as the lead technical personnel for successful implementation of SBCC activities including use of information and communications technology (ICT). The advisor will advise and support the Chief of Party in the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategy to strengthen and sustain efforts to increase the demand for family planning services and products. The SBCC Advisor will work under the oversight of the Chief of Party to provide specialized technical support to the project team, government, partners, and local organizations to design, implement, monitor, and coordinate SBCC interventions. S/he will provide technical leadership and strategies with a particular focus on increasing reach and quality of FP counselling and services, with a focus on the most vulnerable and marginalized, including adolescent and youth.
This position is based in Kathmandu, Nepal, and will report to the Chief of Party.
- Provide technical and scientific leadership to the project, develop strategies, approaches, programs and tools in SBCC including ICT programming
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to design, develop and monitor SBCC strategies, approaches, activities and tools for the project in collaboration with the government and selected institutions, through a mentoring, learning by doing approach
- Provides technical advice based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence- based SBCC strategies, approaches, current practice, and established operational and research standards to ensure quality and rigorous design
- Build SBCC capacity of program staff, partners and government staff to develop and implement SBCC strategies and campaigns
- Provide technical guidance, orientation and oversight to SBCC Consultants placed with government partners and selected institutions if needed
- Support the development of innovative new approaches to SBCC, including use of ICT and Social Media/Virtual Media Platforms
- Support design and implementation of SBCC-specific capacity building activities
- Collaborate with partners and National Health Education, Information and Communication Center (NHEICC) to strengthen government systems and human resource capacity to design, develop, deliver and monitor evidence-based SBCC
- Represent the project, as directed, in any working group, committee such as National Technical Working Group led by NHEICC, or task force addressing SBCC
- Oversee preparation of SBCC component of project annual and quarterly workplans
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports as required, detailing the performance of the SBCC program, including reports and others as directed
- Gather feedback on implementation of SBCC strategies in the project and provide technical support, when necessary
- Master’s Degree or its international equivalent or Post Graduate in Health Communication, Health Promotion, Health Education, Public Health.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in designing and implementing social and behavior change intervention programs including ICT
- Experience with social marketing, strategic communications, and behavior change communications preferred
- Preferably including experience with the use of mass media and social networks to influence and gain public support, the negotiation and formation of alliances across interest groups;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; knowledge of local language will be an advantage
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.