UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
How can you make a difference?
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Social Protection or Chief of Social Policy, the Interns will work as support for both sections to deliver on the following two outputs:
Integrated Social Protection programme for Children in Jordan Programme support:
- Perform data quality assurance procedures and troubleshoot data collection problems
- Contribute to develop an accountability to affected population framework for the programmes
- Work in partnership with the other UNICEF sections to produce a Home Visit Protocol for delivering an integrate package of Social Protection services.
- Contribute in analysing the available data to conduct operational programme review and report generation
Preparation of Knowledge Management products:
- Contribute in producing relevant fact sheet and information briefs on the situation of children in Jordan
- Contribute in preparing working paper on the situation of public finance for children in Jordan
- Coordinate with the communication section to disseminate of research findings
- Contribute in preparing both internal and external reports.
Evidence generation on the effectiveness, efficiency and impact of social protection programmes on children’s outcomes
- Provides support to other UNICEF sections in the design and implementation of research studies regarding the situation of children in Jordan
- Ensure that the data collected by UNICEF partner are sound and reliable
- Contribute to the situation and real-time monitoring of children’s rights in Jordan
- Contribute to the management of evaluations of programs implemented by the social protection unit
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Being enrolled in a social science bachelor or master course (economics, statistics, social policy or other relevant subject)
- Fluency in English
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset
- Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
- Have no immediate relatives (e.g. father, mother, brother, sister) working in any UNICEF office; and
- Have no other relatives in the line of authority which the intern will report to.
- Individuals must demonstrate excellent academic performance through recent university or institution records.
- Additional consideration will be given for any past experience.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.