The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
World Food Programme Regional office- Cairo, Communications unit needs to hire a content producer to handle the production of multimedia content for WFP’s Regional social media. The selected candidate will create, edit or Arabize videos used for different purposes and should be able to take part in creating other visual content for social media.
- High quality and high-resolution edited videos.
- Create visual social media content.
- Well-maintained and organized video library.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Work on creating, Arabizing and editing new videos for use on WFP’s different social media platforms.
- Brainstorm and create different formats of multimedia posts for the different social media platforms.
- Make sure that all the visual assets and creative concepts are appealing, engaging and up-to-date with the latest social measurements and requirements.
- Put together raw film footage from various sources to create a cohesive story.
- Coordinate with the video unit in Headquarters to get clearance on videos produced for the MENA region.
- Distribute guidelines related to video production to staff in WFP country offices in the MENA region.
- Archive footage and videos with different formats in an organized way.
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS;
Education: University degree in marketing, broadcasting or communication or related field.
Language: Excellent English and Arabic language skills.
- Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience in digital media.
- Previous experience with international non-profit organizations is an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Good knowledge of video editing software such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Ability to use different web-based platforms
- Understanding of social media platforms and content trends
- Think creatively and develop new visuals
- Script-writing and story-telling skills
- Good knowledge of videography techniques, equipment, and lighting
- Experience in using computers, including word processing, spreadsheet, and other software packages
- Problem Solving
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Work independently, as well as part of a team to establish project deliverables