UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, an Advocate
Under the guidance of the Communication Officer (Digital Media), the intern will provide support on Lebanon Country Office digital platforms.
UNICEF Lebanon Country Office is seeking a qualified, dynamic, self-motivated individual with knowledge and skills in social media to be hired as a Social Media Intern who would maintain presence on various social media platforms.
The intern will also analyze and report on the activity on social media networks and our website.
How can you make a difference?
The Social Media Intern will be responsible for the following:
- Update Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
- Schedule specific, timely campaigns across all platforms in line with current events
- Support in creating engaging social media content and content calendars on a weekly/ monthly basis
- Assist in promoting content
- Assist in monitoring and replying to Tweets, comments, messages from followers, under supervision of the Digital Communication Officer
- Monitor analytics and produce weekly/ monthly reports
- Assist in the general distribution of content with influencers
- Assist in growing UNICEF Lebanon social networks by increasing interactions.
- Assist in publishing, posting and updating content to the website
- Assist in tracking and reporting website statistics using Google Analytics.
- Organize Digital Assets and content calendars
- Help amplify content through other social media channels (partners, UN agencies, ministries, UNICEF Offices)
- Research articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our communities
- Work with the team’s and Graphic Designer to create and send one email broadcast per month
- Help with arranging a monthly meeting with Communication team to plan for upcoming social media editorial calendar.
- Uploading videos to YouTube
Deliverables and Schedules:
- Schedule social media posts and content calendars
- Track key social media analytics monthly, using Google Analytics - Hoot suite
- Assist in content distribution.
- Provide social media support at live events
- Identifying, following and engaging with potential influencers
- Respond to comments and messages
- Stay current with social media trends
- Ensure all deliverables are presented in a well-designed/laid-out, consistent and timely manner.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
Enrolled in a degree programme in an undergraduate or graduate school in one of the following fields: Communications, Marketing, Business, Literature, or any related field
Required, advanced knowledge of the following:
- Excellent command of English and Arabic
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube,
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Social Media applications, basic photo-editing and video-editing.
- Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to priorities work and complete tasks with quick turnaround
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Good attention to detail, creativity, analysis, and focus
- High motivation to learn
Desirable additional qualifications
- Voluntary work experience with a UN agency or an INGO in the humanitarian field
- Knowledge of UNICEF programmes and activities an asset
- Knowledge of web content management systems is a plus
- Proficiency in Adobe suite products, such as Photoshop and Premiere is an asset
- This is a full time assignment
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.