Social Media Manager
European Green Party, Brussels, Belgium
Closing Date for Applications:
The social media manager will be responsible for administering our portfolio of social media channels, including the content published on these channels.
Is your finger-on-the-pulse of Green, European and global political developments?
Can you understand and absorb complex political messages and turn them into accessible and relatable social content that will shine on crowded timelines by thinking outside the box?
Do you keep up-to-date with pop culture and the latest digital and social media trends?
If you answer yes to all the above questions, we’d love to hear from you!
- Defining social media goals and building a strategy that will help achieve them.
- Maintaining an editorial calendar for social media posts.
- Conceptualising accessible, relatable and platform-specific content.
- Briefing graphic designers, animators and video makers on the multimedia content needed for social media posts.
- Ensuring brand, visual identity and tone of voice consistency across all our social media channels.
- Working with Green politicians and communication staffers across Europe.
- Monitoring what other EU political actors are doing on social media.
- Exploring new digital and social media trends.
- Native or near-native level of English.
- Good grasp of Green, European and global politics with strong political sensitivity.
- Proven experience in producing content for social media platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of social media channels and their best practices.
- Fluency in emojis, memes, GIFs and pop culture references.
- Ability to take quick decisions with sound judgment under pressure.
- The organisational ability to manage multiple projects, often on tight deadlines.
- Adherence to Green party values.
Not obligatory but would be considered an asset:
- A graduate of a Communications/Marketing/European Studies/Political Science degree.
- Previous work experience as a social media manager.
- Previous work experience within a political organisation, an international institution, a NGO or a campaign organisation focused on EU politics.
- Basic experience with multimedia design platforms.