Social Protection Consultant
UN Children's Fund, Nepal
Closing Date for Applications:
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
The Social Protection Consultant will interact with the UNICEF Social Policy team, Social Protection Task team, National Planning Commission, Provincial and local governments and other relevant Governmental and non-governmental stakeholders.
- Coordinate the Partnership Cooperation Agreement with Ministry of Home Affairs (MOHA) on the organization of the Conference as marked by the
- Conference website hosted and regularly updated
- Assessed abstracts for Call for Papers
- Agenda and Participants booklet designed and uploaded
- Coordinate interagency and international planning and participation for he workshop
- Final Confirmed Participant list prepared
- Selected papers uploaded on the website
- Coordinate and support roll out of the shock responsive social protection in ten pilot Palikas in Nepal
- Vulnerability analysis conducted in 10 pilot palikas
- Orientation sessions organized in 10 pilot palikas
- A proposal on SRSP developed
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Education: Advanced degree in social sciences and relevant field.
- Work Experience: minimum 5 years of work experience in social protection including shock responsive social advocacy, documentation and partnership management
- Special skills: Strong knowledge of social media and communication for impact.
- Competencies: Fluency in English is required; knowledge of Nepal and experience in the country is highly desirable.