Social Transfer Advisor
Norwegian Refugee Council, Kismayo, Somalia
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of the Role
The Social Transfer Advisor (STA) for the Jubaland Member States (MS) will be responsible for the liaison and monitoring of the SAGAL Social Cash Transfer. The daily liaison and coordination at the FMS-level, development partners, and other key stakeholders of the project is intended to facilitate effective delivery of project activities and to achieve overall project objectives. The STA will be based in the FMS designated ministry in the FMS capital to coordinate and liaise with the Cash Consortium and other stakeholders supporting project delivery.
SCOPE OF WORK
Specific duties of the Social Transfer Advisor for the Jubaland will include:
- Serve as a point of contact and sensitize the relevant representatives at counterpart ministries at the Jubaland level, community-based organizations (CBOs) and other social partners on social protection and to create champions for SAGAL at the FMS, district and local levels.
- Facilitate cooperation between the MoLE/FGS and the relevant representatives at counterpart ministries at the FMS, district and local level on SAGAL activities and communicate priorities and concerns of the represented FMS to the SSTCU at the FGS level.
- Coordinate with the relevant representatives at counterpart ministries at the FMS level, the SSTCU/MoLE, and field teams of the Cash Consortium members, as well as the other social protection partners to support the implementation of the SAGAL in his/her respective FMS.
- Attend and organize relevant meetings at FMS, district and local levels to support the implementation and coordination of SAGAL activities, as requested by the representing FMS and the SSTCU/MoLE.
- Prepare briefing notes, debriefs, reports necessary for the implementation and coordination of SAGAL activities and ensure follow-up on the represented FMS progress, as required.
- Notify the SSTCU/MoLE of pending and important issues to be raised during social protection meetings.
- Recommend responses and action plans as a result of interacting with the project’s field team and the local community.
- Enable the flow of information between all relevant parties, particularly the relevant representatives at counterpart ministries at the FMS level, and reporting immediately to the SSTCU/MoLE complaints related to the SAGAL in line with SAGAL complaints procedure for the SSTCU/MoLE to respond as necessary.
- In collaboration with relevant representatives at counterpart ministries at the FMS level, the SSTCU/MoLe, and field teams of the Cash Consortium, organize and participate in community sensitization and outreach activities to raise awareness.
- Compile and share reports about particular incidents, events, or updates on important issue for the project.
- Organise and participate in trainings, workshops, supervision and implementation support missions by MoLE.
- Perform any other duties as required by the SSTCU/MoLE and/or represented FMS authority.
The candidates should have the following desired qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: development studies, social work or care, management, public administration or business administration or any other relevant fields.
- 5 years of relevant working experience at the national or international level in project/programme coordination and management areas including humanitarian organizations, international NGOs, and government.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Somalia development agenda, mechanisms and principles of social protection, safety net programs and intra-governmental processes desired. Willingness to undertake in training on safety nets and social protection.
- Proven skills and ability in effectively communicating with and coordinating across diverse groups of stakeholders, including project staff, partners, government authorities, private sector and communities.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills in Somali and English, including the ability to communicate proactively with key stakeholders, correctly interpret messages from others and respond appropriately. The candidate will demonstrate openness in sharing information.
- Readiness and proven ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Complete fluency and writing skills in Somali and English.