- UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- The United Nations Development?Programme?(UNDP) Office of Information?and Technology?Management (ITM) in Copenhagen is?responsible for supporting UNDP Country Offices around the world with ICT and Green Energy solutions. Our Unit offers a stimulating and versatile internship in an international environment with contact to various partners from some 166 countries with UNDP presence. We are a team who works in a dynamic and informal atmosphere, and we expect our interns to become vital members of the team.?As an intern, you will be given tasks and opportunities that have a direct global impact on the development efforts of the international community. The UNDP/ITM?Software Developer Internship for Smart Infrastructure and Connectivity Unit (SICU) enhances?the academic life experience of passionate students as interns and empowers them to become socially responsible and innovative leaders of tomorrow. We bridge the gap between textbook learning and real-time industry experience by taking interns behind the scenes of the global network and infrastructure initiatives, while learning to take into consideration the local context.?Being a part of our dynamic unit, you will also gain worldwide connections with other top-talented interns and UN staff from other agencies; our office is located at the?UN City in Copenhagen, giving you the opportunity to interact with people outside the UNDP?ITM?unit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support?online?collaboration?tools?and business process automation solutions for?UNDP?Country Offices?within the collaboration platform (Microsoft SharePoint and?Office 365);?
- Assist?on?the development of?applications?using PowerApps?for business processes to replace manual and paper-based processes with new and evolving cloud-based functions.?Assist in building?applications that employ PowerApps and Flow for mobile-enabled data entry, approvals, and reporting, as may be?required;???
- Provide support in expanding and refining existing tools used in the implementation of SICU?Projects;??
- Support the gathering, consolidating, and analysis of?data for?project-tracking, and data visualization using Excel, Power BI, and other?business intelligence?tools.?Contribute?with?innovative perspectives to improve?on?online reports and dashboards for?both?internal and?external?use;?
- Assist on enhancing?user interfaces of already existing apps based on UI/UX best practices and user acceptance testing.?Support and continuously innovate the SICU procedures, instructions and templates from best practice and then disseminate them through?the user community liaising with the?communications?team;??
- Assist on elaborating and cleaning of?data gathered via IoT devices installed in UNDP COs using Data Science?principles;??
- Participate in translation of?user requirements into UML Diagrams.?Support the development of?quality software practicing international coding?standards;??
- Assist on?researching?alternative tools for enhancing internal communications and tracking, such as chatbots in MS Teams, decision-making assistance tools through various Office 365 tools (Flow, Forms, PowerApps, etc.), and information design (data visualization);??
- Creatively?support the?development of?new projects for innovative collaboration and business process automation systems and tools to be disseminated to UNDP offices as best practice for improvement of operations and business?efforts;??
- Promote the?ITM’s overall ICT strategic framework and work plan pertaining to the minimum ICT standards, infrastructure, and connectivity dimensions. The?ITM?unit is ISO 9001:2015 certified, our work is focused on high quality, continuous improvements, and customer satisfaction.??
Technical knowledge in Software Development: Has knowledge and practical experience in front and back end development with ability to adapt and manage self and team responsibilities
People Management: Appropriately participates and involves team in different stages of work and decision-making. Proactively seeks and recognizes contributions of others.
Communication: Expresses information and views with adaptive reasoning for complexity and variation
Delivery: Is an initiative-taking person with a goal-oriented mind-set; good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities, effective when working in teams and independently. Takes responsibility for addressing critical situations and delivering core value
Innovation: able to make new and useful ideas work, adapts deliverables to meet client needs
Planning and Organization: Good in organizing and structuring various tasks and?responsibilities
Commitment to continued learning:?Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude. Responds positively to feedback and differing points of?view
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You must meet?one?of the following requirements:??
- You are currently in the final year of your?Bachelor’s?degree; or??
- You are currently enrolled in a?Master’s?degree or equivalent; or??
- You have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a master’s degree or equivalent studies in the field of IT Technician/Software Developer, or Computer Science;??
- Experience or Knowledge in the field of IT Technician/Software Developer, or Computer Science is?required;??
- Good knowledge of Microsoft cloud technologies (Office 365, SharePoint Online, Azure) and?back office?platform (SharePoint, SQL) and frameworks (.NET, PowerShell, etc.)?is an?advantage;??
- Knowledge and a proficient user of Microsoft Office productivity tools?is an?advantage;??
- Knowledge or experience with specific Office 365 tools (or their consumer equivalents) such as Planner (Trello), Teams (Slack), Yammer (Workplace by Facebook), OneDrive (DropBox, Google Drive), Power BI (Tableau), etc. is a distinct?advantage;??
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps and Continuous Integration?is?an?advantage;??
- Good?knowledge of Data Science principles and hands on experience with scripting language such as Python?is an?advantage;??
- Experience with relational databases (schemas, design) and XML is an?advantage;??
- Experience?and ability in using business intelligence tools, for example: gathering, consolidating and?analyzing?data from databases and reports, manipulating data in Excel (Pivot Tables and queries), Power BI,?etc.?is an?advantage;??
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS, graphic design and web standards/best practices?is an?advantage;??
- Interest?in developing sustainable ICT solutions, focusing on modern ICT innovations that enhances collaboration within UNDP and with?its?partners?is an?advantage;??
- Ability to translate?IT?technology to business users and to non-technical language?is an?advantage;??
- Interest?and understanding of customer-oriented service delivery, with focus on innovative enterprise ICT solutions, IoT solutions, collaboration and customer experience?is an?advantage;??
- Understanding of data management, including real-time/streaming data, data warehousing and data cleansing?is an?advantage;??
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage.??