Software Development Consultant
UNICEF, Brasilia, Brazil
Closing Date for Applications:
It should assist the UNICEF Office in Brazil in integrating ICT into UNICEF programming, contributing technical inputs to related innovation / T4D project plans; identify, solve problems and face system challenges; support in defining software architecture and implementing software development; conduct routine user tests for any new features and provide quality assurance and documentation of the end user experience for analysis; strengthen the office's capacity to carry out T4D-related projects and maximize the potential for expansion and deployment of T4D; and provide coding knowledge to create innovative solutions.
The T4D Consultant will be directly supervised by the ICT Officer (innovation focal point).
- Core values: commitment, responsibility, integrity.
- Functional Skills: Analysis, Application of Technical Knowledge, Planning and Organization.
- Ability to develop technical recommendations, clean and well-documented code, high quality plans and reports.
TECHNICAL BACKGROUND AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- A full stack developer with a minimum of 5 years of professional work experience at national or international level as a key contributor to SW development projects.
- Must have knowledge at all stages of software development.
- Must be able to collaborate with the rest of the team to design and launch new features.
- Experience in converting designs into visual elements.
- Understanding and implementing security and data protection.
- Desirable experience with the following framework / programming languages: Laravel / PHP.
- Experience with cloud messaging APIs and use of push notifications.
- Proficient knowledge of Git.
- Fluency in Portuguese is required.
- Solid understanding of the concepts of MVC and RESTful.
- Ability to write clean and readable code.
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Experience with PostgreSql and / or MySql databases.
- Understanding the fundamental SW design and architecture principles behind a scalable application.
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Able to implement automated test platforms and unit tests.
- Familiarity with development aid tools, such as Bower, Bundler, Rake, etc.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and the ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Knowledge in the use of digital media tools and social networks.
The following qualifications will be considered an asset:
- Experience in the development of Mobile Applications using Frameworks such as Ionic or in the development of native applications (Android and iOS).