Turkey is one of the leading countries in its region that achieves broader application of the ICT system in service delivery. In its national policy documents e-governance is identified as one of the key priorities for national and sectoral development and an important pillar for evolved public administration system to increase effectiveness and efficiency, enhance transparency and accountability as well as a tool for strengthening international competitiveness of Turkey.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) following the identification of the ICT development as a key area in its Strategic Plan for better services and good governance developed and applied the e-consulate system. It is a distinguished example of the ICT use in the consulate services with an aim of increased efficiency and cost effectiveness for increased citizen satisfaction.
The second phase of the project aims to increase the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the established system with a focus on enhanced citizen-satisfaction from the services of the Ministry all over the world. It also focuses on the development of the institutional capacity of MoFA enhanced for full-fledged application of the e-Consulate system and increase the accessibility of e-Consulate system enhanced through its improved user-friendliness
The second phase of the project builds on its accumulated experience and results as well as the past UNDP and Ministry of Foreign Affairs joint initiatives in this area. The Project will focus on e-Consulate system’s institutionalization and full-fledged application, to be achieved through enhanced institutional and individual capacities and increased awareness and ownership of the citizens and respective stakeholders (through outreach strategy).
Objectives of the Assignment
The scope of the services that will be carried out by the Software Specialists are:
- Analyse, design and develop desktop and web applications.
- Analyse the problem domain, elicitate requirements, propose and implement a solution to fulfill the problem.
- Develop and integrate G2G services into developed systems.
- Develop methods for inspection, testing, sampling and perform unit testing of developed / integrated software applications
- Implement best practice Software Development Life Cycle methodologies to ensure timely delivery of state-of-the-art high quality software
- Rewriting/refactoring/re-architecture and scaling software and web applications
- Ensure the project meets all corporate guidelines for security, cooperability and deployment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Demonstrates strong supervision skills, strong attention to details,
- Promotes team work, contributes towards building team consensus,
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Good teamwork skills
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to work under pressure against strict deadlines,
- Ability to think strategically and result oriented
- Time management and priority setting abilities
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Output oriented
- Knowledge of current technological developments/ trends in area of expertise.
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
The incumbent should possess the following qualifications and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in faculty of engineering, computer sciences and information, faculty of science and relevant fields
- Good communication skills in Turkish and English
- Having ICT related certificates is an asset.
- Having master’s degree in engineering, computer sciences and faculty of sciences is an asset.
Professional Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 8 years of working experience in Application and Web Development
- Deep knowledge of the software development life-cycle is required
- Experience with test-driven development is an asset
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies is an asset
Specific Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of working experience with Microsoft .net Programming Languages (Visual Basic .net or C#), Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Development Tools
- Experience in information systems and software architecture
- Experience in Visual Basic.net is an asset
- Experience in international work environment within IT projects is an asset.
- Experience in mobile application development is an asset.