Save the Children, London, United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
The Role: Solutions Architect (Digital Programming)
- The role of the Solution Architect (Digital Programming) is required to ensure the necessary level of technical insights into the T4D Programme and will be specifically accountable for architecture & design of all technical components. The role will include providing input and challenge to the development of the T4D Strategy, ensuring a good understanding of the current technical activities relating to T4D ongoing across the movement, bringing the latest thinking from both a digital and sector specific point of view and experience of deployment and scale up of global technology solutions to ensure any solutions proposed are fit for purpose and aligned with our long term needs. This role will define the future state of the IT components required to enable the T4D Strategy across our organisation (SCI Centre, Regions, Country Offices and Members) including ensuring alignment across technologies on how they interrelate and translating this into individual projects as needed. This will include but is not limited to evaluating and validating alignment with our standards, what requires scaling and the approach to do so and defining where controls are required vs. where local decisions on technology should and can be made.
- In addition the Solution Architect (Digital Programming) will play a key role in the focus on capacity and capability building across the movement (SCI and Members). This will involve providing input to / creating the capacity building approach and associated materials. In addition this role will work with the T4D Programme Lead and wider team to consider short and long term opportunities, assess the feasibility and translate these into the wider plan as well as taking a hands on role in implementing and supporting initiatives where agreed via the relevant governance.
- Alongside the above, the Solution Architect (Digital Programming) will need to ensure they are a key member of the programme and IT teams, working collaboratively with their colleagues and engaging effectively with wider stakeholders across the movement and outside where relevant. In addition they will need to ensure they support ongoing Portfolio Management requirements including reporting and take a leading role in ensuring effective management of change control. In this role they will also be required to provide guidance to wider teams across the movement working in the T4D space regarding technical requirements and alignment to ensure we avoid challenges later down the line caused by non-compliance with the agreed T4D approach for the movement.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Proven ability and experience in architecting & designing end-to-end architecture solutions, with strong business analysis/client-facing skills to engage a diverse stakeholder population
- Experience of digital transformation, providing input into a Digital Strategy for a Global Organisation to ensure alignment with the wider IT landscape and opportunities
- Extensive experience in application development with wide set of technologies like .NET (C#) and SQL Server (or equivalent development frameworks/ languages & databases)
- A technical understanding of IT infrastructure and technology development / deployment in web/cloud based solutions
- Experience in developing solution architectures for Azure including Azure AD, Azure SQL and Service Fabric.
- Understanding of system architectures, data strategies, upgrade strategies and cutover planning
- Extensive experience in a CI / CD development environment.
- Extensive experience in architecting applications for testability, extensibility and scalability.
- Experience of configuration management / change management and the tools to support collaborative and efficient code development
- Detailed understanding of the various test phases and techniques required in order to develop and maintain new and existing code
- Demonstrable understanding of software design patterns, SOLID, TDD and OO principles
- Clear understanding of web services (REST, SOAP), SOA, CQRS, Messaging (ESB) and distributed systems
- Understanding of application lifecycle management, the value of TDD and continuous integration
- Possess a strong work ethic and take initiative and ownership to deliver business value
- Proven team leadership abilities with the ability to motivate and mobilise individuals outside their reporting line
- Good communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and present both at a technical and non-technical level
- Ability to write high quality requirements / user stories when required
- Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
- The existing right to work in the UK
- Non-profit sector knowledge/experience
- Experience of implementing systems in challenging country environments
- Experience of working within an agile project delivery environment
- Experience in working with offshore project team members