Solutions Architect, Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa
PATH, Seattle or Washington, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for guiding the technology aspects of data collection, data management and data analysis needs of MACEPA teams and partners, and delivering appropriate technology solutions.
- Represent MACEPA data collection, data management and data analysis systems externally and present briefings on MACEPA technology capabilities.
- Provide leadership on data collection, data management and data analysis systems including identification of required technology skills and estimated resource utilization to execute project objectives.
- Effective at sharing and explaining data management and technology concepts with all levels of the organization.
- Lead technical discussions across the MACEPA program to drive collaboration and re-use of systems, designs and technology resources.
- Rationalize technology needs for data collection, data management and data analysis systems and produce useful and relevant roadmaps to guide teams in how systems and procedures must evolve in order to meet near and long term goals.
- Mentor team members at all levels in the technology aspects of data collection, data management and data analysis best practices as well as IT project management, including agile software development practices & methodologies.
- Coordination with PATH IT on corporate initiatives and ensure all solutions comply with written PATH IT standards and best practices.
- Fulfill the role of an agile Product Manager for insourced and outsourced custom software.
- Provide high-level technical support for data collection, data management and data analysis technologies.
- Manage MACEPA specific IT vendor relationships and IT contract resources and leverage PATH IT resources where possible.
- Manage the MACEPA technology lifecycle planning process to ensure critical software is up to date and supportable.
- Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Business analysis skills including requirements gathering, rationalization and prioritization of program/project capabilities to inform supporting technology capabilities.
- Agile software development scrum master and product owner skills.
- Database design & administration.
- Systems design & administration.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Vendor management.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in French preferred (fluency in Amharic a plus).
- Ability to travel up to 25 percent internationally.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience required.
- Five or more years of technology planning and execution.
- Project management.
- Experience working in in Stata, R, SAS, ArcGIS or other analytic programs a plus.
- Experience working overseas a plus.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.