Plan International, United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
- Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
- We believe in the power and potential of every child, but this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination and it’s girls who are most affected.
- Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
- We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
- We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries.
- As the Special Adviser to the Executive Director (ED) of Resources, you will provide research, analysis, project management, stakeholder engagement and business insight support to optimise transparency, efficiency and effectiveness of corporate services within Plan International Inc. (PII).
- In this role you will ensure that the time of the ED is prioritised according to strategic and operational need. You will support by undertaking research, collating performance data and drafting reports for stakeholders including the CEO and the Leadership team. You will also manage communications and facilitate engagement with other functions across the organisation.
- We are looking to recruit an engaging, positive team player who has strong experience in providing support to upper-level management in an organisation similar to Plan International. You will need to have demonstrable experience of managing or contributing to projects to ensure key milestones are met and stakeholders are kept informed. Demonstrable experience in providing strategic and analytical support to senior management and/or governance bodies and you will also be able to build effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- To be successful in this role you will need to have strong written and interpersonal communication skills with an awareness of cultural sensitivity. As well as excellent presentation skills.
- A passion for the Plan International purpose, with an understanding of our commitment to development and humanitarian values, standards and child protection.