The position is based in FAO Representation office Islamabad. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) in Pakistan focuses its efforts on poverty reduction, food security, sustainable livelihoods and rural development. FAO has partnered with the Government of Pakistan on research and development, training, extension services and strengthening of the staff capacity in planning and policy making. FAO has supported improvements in agricultural policy analysis, strengthened institutions. Enhanced integrated area development and expanded participation of marginalized and vulnerable communities in sustainable development.
Reporting Lines: The Consultant will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan, the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme).
Technical Focus: Achieve fund revenue goals, as specified in CPF.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop a Resource Mobilization plan; monitor donor investment trends; analyse the diversity of FAO Pakistan’s funding support; and manage all aspects of grant seeking and grant management in the context of the newly developed Country Programing Framework.
- Lead or support the development of written material for fundraising events (ex talking points, scripts, presentations, videos, testimonies, etc.) and individual donor solicitation and stewardship (i.e., agendas, talking points, presentations, proposals, testimonies, etc.).
- Oversee the development, management, and implementation of an individual donor recognition plan including the timely acknowledgement and follow-up for all individual donors and prospects.
- Identify, qualify, and strengthen relations with existing and prospective individual donors.
- Master’s in Communication, Public Policy Management or other relevant degree with at least 07 years of related work experience;
- Minimum 07 years working experience with UN and/or international organizations liaising with Donors;
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian.
- National of Pakistan.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience working with or in international and donor organizations with implementation of participatory projects.
- Good interpersonal skills with experience in networking with partners at all levels (ministry, donors, private sector, NGOs and local community based organizations);
- Experience in analysing natural resources management and related issues.
- Experience in the preparation of technical and policy reports, guidelines and manuals.
- Excellent writing and communications Skills.
- Ability to mobilize resources.
- High sense of responsibility and attention to detail;
- Ability to work under stress with tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of United Nations and International Organizations’ administrative policies and procedures.