WWF launched a new strategy that harnesses the strengths of the WWF network in a shared vision, focussing on six major goals - water, wildlife, the ocean, climate and energy, forests, and food – and three key drivers of environmental problems – markets, finance and governance.
In support of this strategy WWF undertook a redesign of its international secretariat that will further unite WWF offices and its near 6,400 staff around the world. This will help WWF to build stronger partnerships across the world with government, business, civil society and individuals. Together, we will deliver on WWF’s ambitious goals.We are recruiting the role of Specialist, Finance Practice for our International Secretariat to help us achieve our new ambitious goals, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
- The incumbent will: develop and provide high quality technical analysis and advice in the field of sustainable finance to support the strategic direction of the WWF Network; facilitate and co-ordinate engagement of influential global actors in areas of strategic focus; and support knowledge development and sharing of analysis, information, and trends in sustainable finance throughout the WWF Network.
- WWF will hire two such global Technical Leads in Finance. The area of focus of each expert will depend on specific sector and geographic experience.
- Provide technical thought leadership, advice, and analysis to the Finance Practice and build a strong business case for change within their sphere of expertise, such as emerging sustainable investment opportunities and new approaches to incorporating environmental risks in finance and investment decision-making.
- Support the analysis of global financial investment trends and risk dynamics, and identify key actors and strategic opportunities for WWF to intervene and influence.
- Lead the development of specific workplans to implement WWF’s strategy with respect to the finance sector, including both internal and external stakeholder consultation.
- Provide credible and influential content leadership to foster reputational excellence and build strong relationships with external partners, including developing and establishing new alliances and coalitions.
- Work closely with the Finance Practice Leader and the Leadership team in the WWF Finance Practice to agree strategic priorities and lead specific areas of agreed strategic focus.
- Ensure frequent and structured interaction with internal stakeholders across WWF’s global network to provide content expertise and awareness of potential areas of external engagement.
- Act as a source of finance expertise specific to specialist knowledge.
- Support the Finance Practice Leader and Deputy in convening and or/participating in external discussions, conferences, and/or other similar fora as needed, to support
- implementation of the Finance Practice strategic plan.
- Provide content leadership to the Finance Practice, and develop external practice briefs, to help communicate elements of the Finance Practice strategy and contribute to its practical implementation.
- Conduct research and data analysis of financial flows, tools, and instruments related to sustainable finance.
- Together with WWF Network colleagues, engage and influence the actions and decisions of strategic public and private investors, coalitions, and platforms to support our priority outcomes.
- Together with WWF Network colleagues, engage global financial regulators to advocate for adoption of regulations that encourage and support sustainable finance.
- Together with WWF colleagues, engage centers of financial innovation in order to influence the development of new finance products that support the transition to a sustainable economy, and develop innovative approaches and tools for sustainable finance.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Risk Management, Economics, or other related field.
- Proven experience in one or more area of functional expertise in investment analysis, risk assessment, insurance, banking, or development finance.
- Fluent command of written and spoken English, with any other language an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate global macroeconomic, financial, and market trends clearly and concisely to both expert an
- non-expert audiences.
- Experience in global sustainable finance, development finance, institutional investment management, and/or capital markets.
- Demonstrated experience with major themes in sustainable finance such as climate finance, impact investing, ESG standards, reporting, and transparency initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to build alliances and develop initiatives or platforms for change that leverage the capacity of external partners.
- Ability to navigate complex issues and organizations while executing high quality work in a timely manner.
- Ability to exert influence to galvanize WWF Network stakeholders around a shared agenda.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and work independently, and also work constructively within a team.
- Commitment to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
- Proven knowledge of global financial regulation and risk management is desired.
- A proven network of external relationships in the finance sector that extends beyond the current WWF reach is desired.
- Experience with issues in environmental protection and nature conservation across any of WWF’s global themes including wildlife, forests, freshwater, oceans, food, climate and energy is desired.
How to apply?
Upload your covering letter and CV on LinkedIn as one file. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.