Specialist - Market Systems & Entrpreneurship
Habitat for Humanity, Chennai, India
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of a Specialist, Market Systems & Entrepreneurship. The Specialist will support and deliver programming that expands Habitat's work with housing market systems across South India. The position entails working with market actors, government, low income home owners, external consultants and the regional team. This position will be based in Chennai, India.
- Supports the housing market systems work in Tamilnadu, identifying and soliciting initiatives from various market actors in the housing value chain, building relationships and supporting facilitation activities.
- Provides project management on the delivery of housing market systems mapping, value chain and market research, and facilitation activites with private sector firms.
- Leads monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) of projects.
- Liases with potential partners such as financial institutions, government agencies, construction companies, materials suppliers, etc.
- Provides technical inputs on various products and services in the housing value chain. Assists in technical/commercial feasibility of various proposals and in structuring agreements with market actors.
- 5 years’ relevant experience in business, social entrepreneurship, international development, housing, finance or similar field with progressively increasing responsibility.
- Experience in project management
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating projects preferred
- Experience with value chain programs and/or other market-based development approaches is a plus.
- Exposure to construction and affordable housing in disaster prone areas is a plus
- Entrepreneurial. Works well in dynamic environments with limited resources.
- Agile. Prioritizes tasks and redirects work effort in response to new opportunities and changes in priorities.
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to develop and manage good relationships between the project, private sector, government and other stakeholders.
- Quality and results oriented. Demonstrated attention to detail, highly organized and able to coordinate multiple activities simultaneously and within deadline.
- Communication and presentation skills in English (written and oral)
- Ability to converse in Tamil preferred