Background Information - Job-specific
The project "Creation of micro enterprises in the Governorates of Medenine and Tataouine" aims to support the social and economic integration of disadvantaged young people in the two Governorates of southern Tunisia, and to contribute to the resolution of the urgent issue and unemployment, by helping young people and women from the most vulnerable areas of these regions to access the labor market and start their own businesses. It will strengthen their technical capacities, entrepreneurship, management, their confidence in order to promote their access to productive resources.
The project is implemented by UNOPS. The Ministry of Vocational Training and Employment is the institutional partner. The Southern Development Office and the Public Employment Services in the Tataouine and Medenine Governorates will be the operational partners.
The main results achieved were:
- Personalized support program for young people wishing to set up their projects
- Financing framework for businesses to support implemented
- More than 260 young people technically supporting BMC and BP
- 76 businesses created generating more than 250 direct jobs and 500 indirect jobs
- Capacity of more than 30 executives involved in the project strengthened in terms of BMC, BP and ESS
Scope and Objectives of the Mission
- Under the supervision of the project manager - the tasks incumbent on the recruited Monitoring and Evaluation specialist are:
- The objectives of this evaluation are at 3 levels:
- Analyze the execution of the project to assess the relevance and efficiency of the use of resources with reference to the expected results of the implementation of the project;
- Identify lessons for a possible extension or duplication of the project's approach and actions in other regions of the country;
- Provide the elements for sharing experience and capitalizing on good practices.
Evaluation questions, levels of analysis and evaluation criteria
- The evaluation questions define the information to be collected during the evaluation procedure.
- The questions are grouped according to the criteria to be used to assess and answer them.
- These criteria are classified according to the two levels of the project.
Education / Experience / Language requirements
- Master's or Master's degree in statistics, socio-economics, quantitative methods, engineering, management, development and related disciplines;
- Qualifying training in monitoring / evaluation would be an asset;
- 7 years of professional experience with a master's degree, in management and conducting evaluations.
- For candidates holding a Masters, at least 5 years of recognized expertise in the field of management and conducting evaluations, monitoring and evaluation system for project performance indicators, research or review of similar projects, as well as experience as a senior writer of evaluation reports;
- .Proven experience in regional development and youth employment issues and results-oriented approaches based on gender and human rights;
- Experience in the use of evaluation methodology;
- Knowledge of the regional context in terms of job creation in general would be an asset;
- Experience with the United Nations system, in particular UNOPS and a good knowledge of its mandate would also be an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and Arabic.
- Mastery of participatory techniques and other approaches to collecting and analyzing data relating to the field of entrepreneurship;
- Demonstrates proven technical knowledge to assume the responsibilities and requirements of the position;
- Good knowledge and approved work experience on youth entrepreneurship issues;
- Knowledge of the principles of results-based management;
- Capable of analyzing and collecting quantitative and qualitative data;
- Proven skills in evaluation techniques;
- Open to changes and able to receive / integrate feedback;
- Good teamwork skills;
- Be independent;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Anticipates and satisfies the team's information needs
- Participate in the realization of the products expected by the initial research and analysis;
- Demonstrate integrity by complying with the ethical values and standards of the United Nations;
- Ability to write reports in French;
- Demonstrate great sensitivity and ability to adapt to culture, gender, nationality and age;