Plan International is an international humanitarian and development organization that advances children's rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is the girls who are most affected. By working together with children, youth, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, addressing the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building partnerships for children for 80 years and have been active in more than 70 countries including Haiti, for more than 43 years.
Plan International Haiti is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Sponsorship Coordinator according to the specifications below :
REASON FOR THE POSITION
- Plan, coordinate and supervise Sponsorship activities at the Program Unit level in accordance with the standards of the local and global sponsorship manual, the annual Sponsorship plans at the Country Program level and the 10 sponsorship commitments.
- Supervise and support the Sponsorship team at the level of its Program Unit.
- Provide suggestions for continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
- Quality control (communications / data) / Deadlines
- Control the quality of SCU / SCI information and non-programmable communications submitted annually by verifying 10% of these documents;
- Set up the procedures of the local and global sponsorship manual to ensure compliance with sponsorship commitments 6 to 10, particularly with regard to deadlines (commitments 6, 7, 9 and 10) and quality (commitment 8 );
- Make sure to provide the responses to the NOIs within the time limit set according to the category of the request by providing as much information as possible about the sponsored child, his family, his community and the general context;
- Check the quality and reliability of information in response to NOIs by carrying out ad hoc verification home visits with facilitators;
- Ensure the sending of communications to the sponsors within the recommended deadlines, to the CO for hard copies, and by email to the NOs according to the established specificities;
- Ensure compliance with key performance indicators and sponsorship commitments related to communication in the daily management of the department, in particular submission deadlines;
- Coordinate and verify the process of absences, cancellations, graduations and replacements of sponsored children in accordance with the sponsorship standards;
- Maintain good coordination with the IT officer of the Program Unit for all technical operations at the level of ChildData, the additional database of Plan International Haiti and CD-Pet;
- Ensure with the IT officer the resolution within a reasonable timeframe of all technical problems affecting the proper functioning of the sponsorship department.
- Review the SCU / ICS planning each year and adapt it, if necessary, to the context of the Program Unit and the activities planned for the coming year.
- Ensure effective management of the Program Unit caseload in accordance with the annual greensheet planning.
- Ensure the application of the procedures put in place at the level of the sponsorship department for the respect of commitments related to the program, particularly commitment 3.
- Provide training and / or periodic retraining of members of the sponsorship department team on all subjects related to the functioning of the department but also at the request of his supervisor and / or the sponsorship manager at the CO;
- Facilitate on an annual basis a refresher session for facilitators and sponsorship assistants on the sponsorship manual and the SCU / SCI questionnaire;
- Facilitate the training / retraining of managers of the Program Unit on the relevant chapters of the sponsorship manual and any other subject that could help the proper functioning of the sponsorship department in particular;
- Participate in certain home visits and community meetings organized and / or facilitated by the facilitators in order to provide corrective comments;
- Ensure the transfer of knowledge from the facilitators to young volunteers, interns, leaders and other community volunteers who must support the various processes of the sponsorship department;
- Participate in training activities at the level of the Program Unit and the central office upon request of their supervisor and / or the sponsoring manager;
- Share all briefing materials received periodically from the region with relevant team members and ensure that they take them into account in their work.
Team monitoring and supervision
- Monitor the scheduling of facilitators and mentoring assistants by verifying their compliance with the submitted schedules and annual plans of the Program Unit.
- Organize monthly meetings with members of the sponsorship department team to set short and long term work goals and discuss methods to achieve them.
- Ensure that all tasks assigned to facilitators and assistants are carried out and completed in accordance with the mentoring manual and their job description.
- Carry out a quarterly audit verifying the conformity, in particular, of the classification and content of the sponsored children 's files with respect to sponsorship standards ;;
- Work in close collaboration with the managers of the Program Unit in the implementation, monitoring and closure of program activities in the communities;
- Ensure the working relationships of the sponsorship department team with young volunteers, interns, translators and other community and non-community volunteers who support the work of the Program Unit.
Report / Other activities
- Provide relevant information on a regular basis to the sponsoring manager for the greensheet, month's close report or any other report required.
- Actively participate in the development of PAO, PAU and other reports / documents at the request of their supervisor and / or the sponsoring manager.
- Submit the report on commitments 1 to 5 to the sponsoring manager on a quarterly basis.
- Coordinate, plan, prepare with families and communities, and participate in sponsor visits in accordance with sponsorship procedures.
- Maintain constant communication with the sponsorship manager
- Participate in quarterly sponsorship department coordination meetings and any other meeting deemed necessary by their supervisor.
- Take all the measures and initiatives necessary for the good functioning of the sponsorship department of the Program Unit.
- Promote strategic and responsible management of the organization's resources, in particular by monitoring the budget and implementing planned activities.
Knowledge, skills and behaviors required to achieve the objectives of the position:
- University level: preferably in the field of Social Service or Social communication;
- Two (2) years minimum experience in the supervision of staff;
- Knowledge of children's rights and gender issues;
- Good knowledge of French and English (Spanish a plus);
- Very good knowledge of the following software: Excel, Word, Access and Power Point;
- Community Development proven a plus;
- Good judgmental spirit;
- Ability to work under pressure and / or in difficult conditions;
- Effective and efficient interpersonal relationship;
- Priority and organizational planning.
- Know how to maintain good relations with the community;
- Demonstrate integrity;
- Attitude Dynamic, positive, creative.