PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Sponsorship Field Capability Business Analyst is a key role in the Sponsorship Field Business Systems and Capability and Support team to support various initiatives and fulfil the goals of World Vision. The Sponsorship Field Capability Business Analyst works with internal stakeholders, including WVIT, regional and national office sponsorship representatives. The role is responsible to track, analyse, document, communicate and validate business process and systems issues and/or enhancements resulting in improved quality, efficiency and effectiveness in the conduct of sponsorship operations.
The Sponsorship Business Analyst is reporting to the Senior Business Analyst – Sponsorship Field Business Systems Capability and Support.
System Analysis and Documentation:
- Develop and implement data collection process to elicit requirements from key stakeholders.
- Collaborate and document detailed business requirements for sponsorship systems.
- Reviews, co-defines change control requests and documentation and provides recommendations of appropriate resolution in consultation with Sponsorship Senior Business Analyst, technical team and management.
- Support in developing, maintaining and performing processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity of sponsorship data and systems.
- Participates in project feasibility and options analysis for both ongoing and future projects.
- Collaborate with the support team, regional sponsorship system coordinators, National Offices and other subject matter experts (SME) on issues and best practices to identify opportunities to improve business processes.
- Supports process streamlining initiatives by documenting process maps and diagrams.
- Promotes an understanding of Sponsorship Standards, processes and activities to the IT partners.
- Monitoring, measuring and providing feedback on process performance.
Quality Assurance & Testing:
- Assist in quality assurance and defining testing strategy and risks.
- Provide significant contributions in the user acceptance testing of new functionalities or new systems with sponsorship field operation users before roll out.
- Ensures issues found during testing are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Develops or assist in development of implementation resources as well as user training documentation/materials for Sponsorship systems implementations (ie. SSUI, Data Quality) to ensure efficiency, quality and common interpretation and application of Sponsorship Business processes and standards.
- Conduct/facilitate training or capacity building activities for Sponsorship systems including but not limited to Horizon SSUI etc. as needed.
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with internal and external functions as appropriate.
- Demonstrate patience, tolerance and understanding.
- Maintain a professional attitude.
- Undertaking any other relevant duties as directed by the Sponsorship Senior Business Analyst and the Senior Manager, Sponsorship Field Business Systems Capability & Support.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least three to five years’ experience in five years of experience in systems development or process improvement initiatives.
- Must have the ability to engage in IT technical discussions.
- Must have a service oriented mindset with the ability to organize and prioritize tasks while transferring knowledge and expertise to empower clients and users.
- Ability to effectively communicate with many different functions and cultures.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, collaborative, facilitation, and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage teams effectively in dynamic changing environment.
- Understanding and experience of development industry with preference to child sponsorship based programming approaches and models.
- Experience in working with multiple functions around enterprise wide change processes.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally as necessary.
Work Environment/Travel: The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 10 % of the time.