The Sponsorship Transformation and Child Development Manager will provide overall technical leadership, guidance in the implementation, coordination, monitoring, reporting evaluation and learning of Child protection and participation as well we transformational sponsorship. This position will work with DME and the team in WVE evidence building efforts ensuring relevant data generated by WV programs is analyzed and used effectively at all levels to demonstrate WV impact in Child Protection and Participation as well as how sponsorship programming is transforming the lives of children and communities.
(Accountabilities and results)
- Provide leadership that transforms sponsorship and enhances sponsorship operations.
- Ensure integration of sponsorship in National Office Strategy, Technical Programmes (TPs) and Community Engagement & Sponsorship Plans (CESP) according to their context and priorities.
- Assure accountability to sponsorship minimum programming standards and service operations KPI´s performance in alignment with Partnership policies and standards, through coaching and management interventions based on exception reporting and audit findings. Support and monitor corrective actions.
- Provide technical leadership for developing and monitoring on-going risk management processes of sponsorship related risks for accountability, transparency and integrity to children, programme communities and sponsors.
- Ensure the implementation of Sponsorship capacity building framework and plans; and other Global capacity building initiatives, developed as a result of capacity needs assessment.
- Ensure that the country RC portfolio is well managed by providing technical support and managing risks related to SO funding transitions.
- Compile and submit Annual Sponsorship Operating Plan to provide direction for all APs in sponsorship transformation programming.
- Provide advice to the Programmes director, Advocacy & External Engagement Lead and Cluster managers on all potential risks and planned actions on issues associated sponsorship operations, child protection and sponsorship standards.
- Provide support and manage risks related to SO funding transitions, while ensuring regional Sponsorship funding picture is clear for leadership’s informed decision making.
Programme Development, Child Protection and Participation
- Lead the development of strategies, guidelines and tools for effective child protection, and participation of children in accordance WV core project models and approaches.
- Support resource mobilization efforts through provision of appropriate technical capacity for effective grant acquisition and implementation.
- In collaboration with advocacy and grant acquisition, establish donor linkages, develop and market fundraising concept papers, proposals and acquire extra non sponsorship support for sponsorship and child protection for increased scale and impact.
- Promote innovation and creativity among field staff for quality programming and compliance to partnership standards on issues of child protection, sponsorship business processes and child participation for increased funding.
- Define and apply operational benchmarks for all components of the CESP TP from work planning, monitoring, and capacity strengthening for increased access to improved child protection and participation.
- Ensure Child Protection is aligned to the National strategy and integrated into program intervention of other TPs.
- Guide the preparation of annual operation plans for the CESP TP to inform child protection and participation programme implementation.
Program Management and Reporting
- Set, interpret and enforce CP standards to be adhered to by the implementing staff and partners.
- Develop and implement capacity building plans to staff, volunteers and implementing partners involved in sponsorship transformation management and child protection.
- Support Area Program in empowering grass-root communities in being actively engaged in improving child protection systems for child wellbeing scale and impact.
- In collaboration with other internal stakeholders, ensure development of the annual Child Well Being report and consolidated Semi-annual/annual National report for review and approval by the Senior Leadership Team in quality health care services.
- Provide leadership in high quality project designs and re-designs, effective planning, monitoring and evaluation of Sponsorship Transformation and Child Protection in the CESP TP.
- Providing day-to-day management including planning, administration, implementation, reporting and decision making for Sponsorship Transformation and Child Protection.
- Establish and deliver programmes for enhanced field capacity and competencies for effective ministry quality including sponsorship management and delivery of sponsorship 2.0 products.
- Direct Sponsorship Transformation and Child Protection programme design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation according to agreed partnership guidelines, standards and support office and GC specific requirement.
- Facilitate quality & timely periodic reporting to internal stakeholders and sponsors with established timeframes business processes around performance monitoring of APs.
- Design and administer programmes to reduce risk at operational level and ensure operations adherence to organizational systems and procedure.
- Provide guidance and leadership in ensuring all APs implement the CMPR ensuring Registered Children are included in the CPMR interventions.
- Ensuring all Safeguarding incidents are addressed within set standards.
Networking, Collaboration and Liaison
- Lead in strategic networking and partnering with Donors, Government Line Ministries, Communities and other stakeholders in child protection, child participation and sponsorship transformation in order to promote increased impact for child wellbeing.
- In collaboration with other sectors, TPs and Cluster Managers to ensure child protection, child participation and sponsorship management is effectively managed.
- In collaboration with advocacy team support the development and implementation of positive behaviours in accordance with child protection and participation program.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with support offices and bilateral organizations to build engagement and increased funding levels for child protection, participation and sponsorship transformation.
- Facilitate the integration of sponsorship transformation with technical programmes in field level to ensure impact in the child well-being outcomes for children and communities.
- Represent WV child protection and participation program to donors, project partners, other WV Partnership offices and divisions, local government, church representatives and non-governmental organizations serving according as directed by Senior Leadership or supervisor.
Project Management & People Management
- Providing day-to-day management including timely planning, administration, implementation, reporting and decision making for the Sponsorship Transformation and Child Protection and Participation function.
- Implement monitoring systems and record keeping methods that support routine country-level, international, interagency, and donor reporting as appropriate.
- Conduct periodic field monitoring to ensure planned activities are being implemented on budget, time and at recommended industry standards.
- Lead, organize, motivate and develop individuals to perform effectively in a high performance team within WVE.
- Build successors and develop a talent pool including building consensus and conflict resolution, staff recruitment, orientation, on-going management support, quarterly coaching, performance planning and appraisal.
- Support the professional and personal development of these staff through performance management, on the job coaching, identification of learning and training needs and opportunities.
Knowledge Management, learning, Research and Impact
- Working with the DME to ensure relevant data generated by WV programs is analysed and used effectively at all levels to demonstrate national office impact on child protection, child participation and sponsorship transformation.
- Participate in sponsorship, and child protection and participation related national and regional learning events or research conferences and share national office best practices whilst learning other national offices or partner best practices to inform programming.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required by the supervisor.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Social work or any related field. Master’s is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in development NGO with supervisory responsibility and engagement with donors.
- Deep knowledge of sponsorship operations management, child protection and participation as well as spiritual nurturing of children issues in Eswatini.
- Data management skills
- Experience with donor-funded and community projects is preferable
- Good technical/ impact report writing skills
- Strong inter-personal communication and collaboration skills
- Strong negotiation, networking, liaison, and interpersonal skills
- Comfort and confidence working in a diverse and inclusive team environment.
- Compassion and commitment to ending violence against the world’s most vulnerable children
- Demonstrated proficiency using Excel, Microsoft Suite of products, databases and statistical packages
- Consistently demonstrates high-level influence and strategic engagement skills and tactical understanding in delivery of technical assistance
- Ability to think broadly and look at the macro, strategic issues to inform strategy choices and management process.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
- A mature and committed to World Vision core values and mission statement and participation in devotions