Winrock International, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Winrock seeks a candidate to work with the Sr. Accountants and Program Managers on our international projects to review field finance reports and provide HQ support to the field. The position requires a dynamic multitasker able to work independently and interested in training and mentoring projects in various countries. The position is also responsible for billing funding organizations for reimbursement of project expenses.
This position is based in Little Rock, AR and reports to the Senior Director, Global Finance/International Controller.
- Reviews field finance reports and supporting documentation, bank reconciliations, accounts receivable and other financial data received from field operations.
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures, and internal controls for Winrock International and donors
- Prepares journal entries and invoices, and posts into accounting system.
- Prepares monthly financial reports and provides assistance in interpreting financial reports to program and field staff.
- Prepares assigned financial reports for programs quarterly and/or upon completion of program;
- Prepares spreadsheets from data runs, ensuring all expenses are allocated to the correct line items and reconciled to data run.
- Responsible for alerting program manager to errors, omissions and unbillable items, to ensure compliance with contract terms and resolving problems.
- Provides HQ support and responds to financial questions from field staff;
- Investigates issues/problems, makes approved adjustments and corrections in financial system as needed;
- Accrues expenses for assigned programs at end of financial year;
- Prepares assigned yearly audit schedules.
- Prepares status reports on project expenditure for project managers, as required.
- Reconciles bank statements for overseas projects on accounts that are not processed in regional field offices. May be required to occasionally travel to foreign offices to perform training, audit/review and other duties.
- Completes other related duties as needed and or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred; Eligibility to sit for CPA exam or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in general accounting desired, experience in non-profit accounting a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have USAID or US Government contracting experience.
- Good analytical skills, strong attention to detail, able to work independently, proficiency in word processing and Excel spreadsheets, familiarity with computer-based accounting packages.
- Must be willing to perform international travel when required. Must not require sponsorship to work in the US.