UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Commitment
Under the supervision and guidance of the Operations Officer (NOB); and overall technical supervision of the Administrative and Finance Manager (P4), the Senior Administrative & Finance Associate (SAFA-GS7) is responsible for executing a broad variety of standardized administrative and financial tasks for the respective section(s) requiring thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative and financial procedures, processes and policies. In this capacity, the need to project the image of a credible and reliable service provider is imperative to quality of process delivery, and the impact of work directly reflects on the overall reputation of the field office team in terms of responsiveness to client needs and quality of process execution.
The SAFA provides financial and administrative expertise to support the field office development, implementation, execution and monitoring of the country programme, to ensure effective and timely delivery of planned interventions, consistent with UNICEF procedures, rules and regulations; in Sindh /Balochistan
To make a difference you will be accountable for the following key duties & tasks:
Appropriate and consistent interpretation, application and implementation of administrative policies and procedures for timely operations support to Field Office programme delivery in Sindh.
- Implement the appropriate application and interpretation of administrative guidelines, SOPs, rules, regulations, policies and procedures for optimal results; and support supervisor and the head of the field office in updating and guiding Field Office staff on administrative policies, procedures rules and regulations.
- Facilitate FO conducting of events and conferences, by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts, within administrative rules and regulations.
- Assists supervisor in recommending actions for the improvement of internal controls in respect of administrative services provision.
Administer Field Office budget preparation and implementation to ensure proper administrative management and services.
- Assist supervisor in preparation of budget estimates for field office premises, equipment and supplies etc. This also includes maintenance of budgets for admin related services as well.
Property management of administrative supplies, office equipment, vehicles and other properties is effectively performed.
- Maintain and update database on leases and agreements for office premises and outsourced services, ensuring timely renewals as per procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintain office premises, updating of inventory records (both VISION related & consumables).
- As custodian for inventory, identify old/obsolete/dysfunctional items, and prepare PSB cases on quarterly basis and submit report to Operations Officer.
- Maintain PSB documentation and execute PSB recommendations approved by Head of Office/PSB committee.
- Prepare and maintain PBS register.
- Ensure safety and security of attractive and assets and low value items, also ensure all items are properly tagged and correctly placed in relevant locations. All changes in locations / possession should be immediately updated in VISION and manual record.
- Coordinate mandatory physical counts and submit report to CO as per requirements.
- Management of the office lease/review, renewal and payments
Procurement of Office supplies/services
- Initiate procurement process for stationary & Office supplies.
- Conduct market survey for appropriate vendors and suppliers for vehicle maintenance, equipment maintenance, office supplies.
- Prepare service/sales orders, comparative statements with necessary manual/VISION approvals.
- Maintain procurement and disbursement record of office stationary/toners etc record.
Undertake all administrative transactions and services including registry and arrangements of contracts ensuring compliance to standards as stipulated and applicable to policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all administrative transactions and contracts preparation and arrangements are in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparation and review agreements for contractual services like janitorial, courier, water supply, vehicle and equipment maintenance etc. and provides suggestions for improvement, including initiate the renewal process before end date of any agreements/contracts.
- Ensure timely dispatch of office mails and also arrange to deliver mails to concerns after proper implementation of registry system.
Manage the Field Office fleet and transport function in Field Office including supervision of Drivers to support delivery of program interventions in Sindh.
- Responsible for supervision of field office Drivers and ensure to provide efficient and continuous transport arrangements for office staff travels, meeting outside office etc. Prepares vehicle services schedules and help to keep the vehicle logbooks up to date and vehicle in functional conditions.
- Prepare reports on fuel utilization, maintenance
- Regularly monitor vehicle log books.
Responsible for providing a variety of specialized tasks in finance functions, ensuring accurate and timely delivery that is in compliance with UNICEF financial rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design.
- Review financial documents, FACE forms and ICE in compliance of HACT policies and procedures and ensure timely liquidation of accounts as per Table of Authority; and share with management lacunas in compliance.
- Carry out HACT Assurance activities at field level—as a member of spot check committee, participate and/ or timely conducting of spot checks to implementing partners of UNICEF as per HACT assurance plan based on FO Assurance plan and share timely reports on findings and observations.
- Prepare detailed FO cost estimates, and participates in budget analysis and projects, as required
- Prepare and or generate financial reports as may be required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons.
- Maintains financial records and monitoring systems for field Office.
- Prepare monthly attendance record.
Maintain Office Reports/Data for audit purposes.
- Prepare and maintain monthly fuel, electricity, water and gas consumption reports with analytical presentation.
- Monthly Vehicle maintenance reports.
Any other assigned administrative and finance related tasks to carry out operations activities.
Assist supervisor in carrying out of day to day operations related tasks to respond and tackle the situations in efficient and effective manners.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have
Education: Completion of secondary school education, University level degree in finance, administration or related field is an asset for this job.
Experience: A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in the field of finance and administration is required
Language Requirements: Fluency in English and in the local language of the duty station required.
For every Child, you demonstrate
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (II)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (II)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (II)