Sr. Country Officer/ Country officer
International Finance Corporation(IFC), Kathmandu, Nepal
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Maintain strong relationships with key ministries, agencies, and business community.
- Educate the Government, international and business community have awareness of IFC’s strategy, value addition and projects, including investment and advisory engagements and our standards and requirements.
- Lead the effort to have IFC representation/involvement at key private sector and public sector events and meetings as appropriate, and dissemination of information to relevant staff within IFC.
- Guided by the Regional/ Country Manager, support development and execution of the country strategy.
- Report on IFC activities in the country for management.
- Develop partnership with WB Country Office and project teams to achieve WBG country goals, including input on Private Sector Development.
- Identify, encourage, and backstop cooperation initiatives within WBG.
- Contribute to business development for investment projects.
- Participate in missions, concept review meetings, and appraisal of projects.
- Liaise with IFC investment teams to monitor progress and performance of projects and to solve potential problems.
- Assist Regional Director and Country Manager and project teams in doing integrity and other due diligence on local sponsors and businesses.
- Identify key country and sponsor reputational risks.
- Support business development and fundraising for advisory services projects. Identification of potential partners, projects, and donors.
- Monitor implementation, approvals, and portfolio of advisory projects. Develop links between WBG joint Global Practices and IFC Advisory projects to deliver outcomes.
- Oversee gathering data and information on sectors, trends, and terms of domestic and international investment.
- Support development of country office communications strategy.
- Ensure dissemination of key program information on achievements and events.
- Back up Resident Representative/ Country Manager for office administration, business continuity, and financial approvals for the IFC office.
- A Masters (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive, professional experience (after the Masters) in relevant fields- industry, infrastructure, banking, relationship management in public and/or private sector particularly related to private sector development and/or business environment.
- Professional or educational background in business, economics, or public affairs.
- Strategic Thinking. Proven ability to think strategically and articulate strategic position. .
- Stakeholder Engagement - Ability to advance and make substantive contributions to the country dialogue.
- Client Orientation - Maintains client relationships in the face of conflicting demands or directions and provides evidence-based advice and solutions based on sound diagnosis and knowledge.
- Drive for Results - Identifies the needed resources to accomplish results involving multiple stakeholders and finds solutions to obstacles affecting key deliverables.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Shows leadership in ensuring the team stays organized and focused, and actively seeks and considers diverse ideas and approaches.
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Leads in the sharing of best practice, trends, knowledge and lessons learned across units and with clients and partners, articulating ideas verbally and in writing in a clear and compelling way across audiences of varied levels.
- Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Gathers inputs, assesses risk, considers impact and articulates benefits of decisions for internal and external stakeholders over the long term.