Sr. Human Resources Assistant (Payroll)
UNICEF, Budapest, Hungary
Closing Date for Applications:
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
Generate and analyse payroll-related reports.
- Distribute payroll exceptions to relevant offices and follow up to ensure that necessary corrective actions are taken on time.
- Prepare and review EPI, payroll simulations and net pay reports in advance of payroll run.
- Review recovery data and rescheduling under the supervision of HR officer.
Act as subject matter expert for queries related to payroll issues.
- Provide estimates on final entitlements and separations.
- Support the delivery and implementation of HR entitlements and benefits.
- Provide knowledge transfer for training of new staff on UNICEF HR systems.
- Review and respond to concerns of vendors and staff.
Review Education grants advance and claim requests.
- Verify eligibility, completeness of documentation and process Education Grants in the Education Grant module.
- Prepare manual calculations as necessary.
Review staff separation cases.
- Verify eligibility and the calculation of final entitlements.
- Check completeness of documents and follow up with the respective focal points on outstanding issues related to separation of staff.
Administer pension related issues.
- Review the contributory period and prepare separation notification.
- Monitor the correctness of individual local pension fund accounts through exception reports.
- Reconcile the outstanding pension fund participant exception reports provided by United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF)
- Coordinate with UNJSPF on timely payments of local staff members' pension benefits.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Completion of secondary education (i.e. high school diploma) is a minimum requirement. University level courses in administration and finance are desirable.
- Advanced knowledge in the Microsoft Suite of Products (including MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint) is required.
- Previous hands-on experience in planning, organizing and delivering administrative support services is highly desirable.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant work experience in finance and payroll is required*, preferably with the United Nations or other international organization.
- *A completed university degree from an accredited institution (i.e. degree certificate in-hand) will be counted towards the minimum work experience requirements.
- Work experience with a development organization is an asset.
- Knowledge of UN/UNICEF'S rules, regulations and procedures is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is highly desirable.
- Non - Hungarian citizens must be in possession of a work permit or be nationals of the EU* countries.
- Please note that General Service (GS) staff are locally recruited staff and therefore, candidates are personally responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements as these are not the organization's responsibility.
- *Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=498165