Sr. JAVA Developer
International Organization for Migration, Manila, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
The position is based in Manila Administrative Centre (MAC), headed by the Director of MAC. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is one of the divisions with its operations delocalized to MAC.
Under the overall supervision of the MiMOSA Project Manager and the direct supervision of JAVA Team Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of various Java/J2EE applications, design, development and maintenance of web-based databases and related interfaces. Coding of system components according to design specifications, corporate standards and best practices and solution design.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution; with five years of relevant professional experience;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in core Java programming of which three years in design and development of J2EE applications;
- Experience working with J2EE-compliant application/ web servers such as WebLogic, Tomcat, etc.;
- Proficient in front-end web frameworks and technologies such as Struts, Tapestry, JSTL, AJAX, etc.;
- Proficient in open-source technologies, frameworks and tools, including Spring, Hibernate, JUnit, Ant, XDoclet, JMeter, Jasper, Velocity, Freemarker, etc.;
- Working knowledge in J2EE application performance tuning and in Oracle 10g administration.
- Experience building APIs using SOAP, REST, XML, JSON.