Sr. Manager - Grant Acquisition
World Vision, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Grants Acquisition & Management (GAM) Sr. Manager will successfully preposition World Vision Bangladesh (WVB) programs with donors and World Vision Support Offices in strong and effective donor engagement activities and will work to ensure that WVB is known in the development sphere as a reliable, effective partner. The position will pursue grant funded opportunities with a variety of donors and World Vision Support Offices in proposal development to fund WVB’s Strategic Plan. The position will also support and ensure adherence to donor rules and regulations. The incumbent must be comfortable in representing WVB externally and overseas in donor/partner meetings and sharing forums.
- Work closely with Technical Leads and build cross functional teams to develop proposals for a variety of donors and ensure targeted input and reviews are timely done.
- Work closely with P&C & Finance so they support us in the effective and timely recruitment of project staff as and when needed.
Strategy and System Development:
- Develop and regularly review the GAM Business Plan and ensure that it is consistent with the strategic focus of WVB.
- Create mechanisms and tools to gather intelligence, then track and/ identify funding and growth opportunities, benchmarked against WVISL strategies.
- Work to establish strong links with the various WV entities, including the SARO and European GAM Teams.
- In collaboration with the Program Officers and Senior Program Officers, proactively work with our internal Support Service.
Growth and Management of Grants and PNS:
- Pursue resource mobilization opportunities aligned to WVB’s Strategic Objectives.
- Work closely with Technical Leads and build cross functional teams to develop grant proposals for a variety of donors.
- Lead on go-no-go decision making processes.
- Ensure project staff understand and comply with the donor requirements, rules, procedures and regulations.
- Liaise with SOs and Project Managers on issues related to project execution.
Stakeholder Relationship Management (Local Donors and Partners):
- Conduct in-country donor mapping to understand donor landscape, priorities, geographic interest and funding opportunities.
- Identify potential NGOs, donors, and other local partners, and flag up to the Response Director any relevant relationships for strategic engagement.
- Maintain oversight of key donor Engagement Plans.
Staff Management & Contribution to a Conducive Environment for the Wider Team and Work:
- Support the Programme Officer and Senior Program Officers to work with other staff to build and/or strengthen internal capacities for project execution and management, reporting, DME.
- Provide guidance to project managers so they learn how to capture good, know how to adapt them to different audiences whilst demonstrating our impact to key stakeholders.
- Conduct all required performance management processes, including, management of PDPs and regular meetings with PO/SPOs/Associates.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 5 years of practical experience in aid management and leadership.
- Experienced networker with an ability to maintain a good up to date knowledge of the grant opportunities and trends in the humanitarian sector, and requirement of major donors eg USAID, DFATD, AudAid desired.
- Confident competency in complex project management, budget and financial management and monitoring with multiple stakeholders.
- High level computer literacy and knowledge of spreadsheet applications. Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification.
- Educational level required: Master in a social sciences or Development related discipline.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of project management with government and multilateral agencies. grant funded projects and experience of grant compliance procedures for major bilateral and multilateral donors.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Professional technical skill in project cycle management, proposal and report writing, monitoring, requirement of major donors eg USAID, EU, DFATD, AudAid desired. Travel and/or Work Environment.