Sr. Officer, New Business Development
Pedaids, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is seeking a Sr. Officer, New Business Development to provide leadership and coordination to the Foundation’s global objective to secure non-U.S. government (USG) funding in support of the Foundation’s overall growth and diversification strategy. EGPAF’s pursuit of non-USG donors prioritizes private and corporate donors making grants in the HIV and global public health space. They will function as a critical member of the New Business Development (NBD) team and will be instrumental in execution of the Foundation’s resource diversification strategy.
- Play a central role in execution of the organization wide resource diversification strategy including on-going assessment of the marketplace and pipeline for non-USG funding, identification of priority donors, and donor prospecting
- Coordinate cross-departmental efforts to execute existing donor specific pursuit strategies in support of the Foundation’s overall resource mobilization strategy for non-USG donors
- Initiate, coordinate, and attend meetings with new and existing donors, preparing briefing materials, and research summaries in collaboration with NBD staff
- Support the organization’s efforts to advance critical partnerships to drive revenue generation and support achievement of the Foundation’s Mission
- Represent EGPAF at selected events and conferences to build donor relationships, gather intelligence on emerging donor interests and trends, increase EGPAF’s visibility, and ultimately drive revenue generation for non-USG funding
- Coordinate cross-departmental task force focused on diversification and coordinate with leadership across the organizations to drive diversification efforts
- Serve as proposal manager for non-USG proposals with a focus on the highest priority/most complex opportunities
- Manage the proposal process including coordination of a cross-departmental proposal team, leadership around strategy development and program design, writing, and identifying and troubleshooting challenges.
- Prepare and submit high-quality concept papers and proposals to non-usg donors, including private and corporate donors
- Support and mentor NBD Officers when they are working on a non-USG bid, in cooperation with the Sr. Director, NBD, to ensure quality and compliant bids
- Conduct research on donors and potential funding opportunities from non-USG donors
- Utilize NBD tracking and record keeping tools (i.e. Salesforce) to track renewal dates and status of awards
- Maintain and improve NBD tracking systems for improved coordination of donor engagement
- Travel in support of relevant proposal efforts, information gathering, and to represent the Foundation.
- Contribute to NBD annual work planning related to non-USG donor proposals.
- Master’s degree in a related field
- 8 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to facilitate cross departmental strategy sessions for concept and proposal design
- Track record in securing private (corporate and philanthropic) donor funding and managing donor relationships
- Experience writing concepts and proposal to a wide variety of donors
- Experience in international development, preferably in public health with a focus on developing countries preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Outstanding ability to interact effectively with Senior level staff across an organization
- Ability to lead diverse proposals and concept design teams to drive results
- Outstanding analytical skills and excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Decisive and diplomatic, with strong and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team
- Desire and ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment