PCI is a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing diseases, improving community health, and promoting sustainable development worldwide. With support from United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), PCI Tanzania will be implementing the final phase of Food for Education (FFE) programming in the Mara region (2017-2021). The goal of the program is to improve literacy among primary school students, and increased use of health and dietary practices, empower women etc.
In line with programmes objectives, growth and sustainability, PCI wishes to attract talents and professionals to help run the programme.
The Senior Program Officer (SPO) will be responsible for working closely with the Program Director and Sectoral Coordinators (Health, Education, Agriculture, WE, WASH) in keeping abreast of all important program elements, supporting coordination of program activities, and supporting communication with key stakeholders. Under the supervision of the Program Director, the SPO will play an important role in supporting multiple aspects of program design, technical assistance and trainings, proposal development and program implementation and evaluation. The SPO will support the Communications Officer and Program Director to produce high quality publications to be shared with external stakeholders.
Key Duties &Responsibilities:
Technical Program Coordination/MLE/Management Support (30%)
- Develop and facilitate a program quality monitoring plan to support the Country Director, Program Director and sector coordinators in achieving STARS.
- Support the Program Director to ensure monthly and weekly program implementation plans are aligned with the donor approved work plans.
- Identify prioritized best practices for each year in consultation with the Program Director and provide support to Sector Coordinators to achieve those best practices.
- Participate in the program coordination meetings, or stakeholder meetings and support the Program Director in noting and following-up on specific action points that result from these planning and coordination meetings.
- Provide support to Program Director and MLE manager in program data analysis, dissemination and utilization.
Stakeholder Representation, Communication and Reporting (20%)
- When delegated by Program Director, represent PCI programs and participate in Government of Tanzania (GoT) coordination meetings at the district or regional levels
- In support of Program Director, review drafts of reports to be submitted to funders and Government of Tanzania.
- In support of Communication Officer, edit drafts of public communications, including success stories, technical briefs, speeches, annual reports, brochures, etc
Program Design and Development of New Proposals/Partnership (40%)
- Participate in the program design and development of new proposals, including collection of input from existing stakeholders and/or new potential partners.
- Support the Country Director in preparation of presentations and briefs for new business development
- Actively network with other actors (NGOs, faith-based groups, etc.) and other potential partners to advance and expand PCI’s community development objectives in Tanzania.
Coordination and Facilitation of Partner and Donor Visits (10%)
- Assist in the planning, coordination and facilitation of donor, partner and other visitor trips to program areas visits.
- Liaise with PCI program staff and partners to plan and establish timetables and logistics for these visits.
- Support the Program Director on the role of communication with the relevant point person who is either arranging or participating in this visit.
- Document any follow-up actions or lessons learned from or during these visits.
- Undergraduate degree in Sociology, Communication, Community Development or public health or other relevant field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience with a minimum of 2 years in international development related work
- At least two years of experience in East Africa, preferably Tanzania
- Experience in project management
- Proven experience in writing successful proposals submitted to donors and investors
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written) and Kiswahili language proficiency
- Ability to effectively work as a team member as well as a high performing individual contributor;
- Experience with data collection, management, analysis, and technical report production
- Willingness to live in Musoma
- Willingness to travel 30% of the time