Watershed Organisation Trust, Pune, India
Closing Date for Applications:
Desired Qualifications :Ph.D. in Economics or any other Social Sciences with Masters in Economics/Environmental, Economics/Quantitative ,Economics or an Economics Major with focus on other Social Sciences;
Specialization with Essential criteria Required :
- Experience in leading research studies and conducting independent research.
- Adept at both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Demonstrable knowledge in inter-disciplinary research and impact assessments
- Familiarity with issues in the Climate Change, Policy, Natural Resourse Management and Agriculture Sector.
- Ability to guide researcher in these fields
- Experience of leading team(s) during projects
- Field experience of working in the rural context
- Willingness to travel to different project locations.
- Interpersonal and team working skills
- Co-ordination of research and field work
- Well versed with MS office.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of local language (Marathi & Hindi) is an added advantage.
Job Description :
- Helping benchmark Sampling and Research Methodology Strategies.
- Conducting Inter-disciplinary Research in various states of India.
- Deliver Research Publications as a part of various ongoing and Upcoming projects.
- Support field and research teams in delivering project outputs for Consultancies.
- Support in creating a repository of evidence-based/demonstrable tools/games/models to help create impacts at a community level and with multiple stakeholders.
- Guide and Support ongoing and upcoming Research and Consultancy Projects.
- Travel to field locations to study and understand the operating context
- Develop Proposals and Concepts for new research/expanding existing or ongoing studies.