Sr. Technical Project Manager
Food for the Hungry, Phoenix/AZ, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Sr. Technical Project Manager
As a member of Food for the Hungry’s Project Management Office, the Sr. Technical Project Manager will coordinate the development of data products with IT and various departments throughout FH. This includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. This role will bring expertise to help bridge the technical gap between non-technical FH staff and the software development programmers in the capacity of technical business analyst. This position will be responsible for creating and maintaining various project-related documentation. The Sr. Tech. Project Manager is expected to work independently on a project, sometimes also doubling as a business analyst. This role works closely with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Committee ensuring projects and resources are prioritized in alignment with the organization’s strategic plan and objectives.
- Managing expectations of customers, timelines for deliverables, and project scope.
- Coordinate software application development for FH integrated products and deployment of third party products and systems between various departments.
- Provide software quality assurance (QA) coordination between various departments and cross-departmental partners to effectively test products as they move between development stages into production.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for product sign-off during User Acceptance Testing.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress on each project, based on current FH project management best practices and policies.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Analyze customer business processes and workflows, requirements, and create end-to-end solutions.
- Document business processes to convey requirements to technical staff.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Support the development of the test procedures to be executed during the transition of products between development stages and into production.
- Create business requirement documents, explore documents, use cases, feasibility studies, and functional specifications as needed, based on current FH project management best practices and policies.
- Manage complex software and other high priority projects.
- Mentor other project managers from time to time.
- Keep your PMP up do date and current.
- Other duties as assigned.
A resume and an application are required to apply for this position. This position will close to applications on February 10, 2020. For a complete version of the job description, qualifications, and to apply, access our Career page: https://www.fh.org/about/careers/
FH benefits include (for USA):
- Health insurance, 100% company paid for employees
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick leave
- 401k retirement plan with a discretionary match up to 4%
- Public transportation subsidy for non-virtual employees
- Professional development and continuing education opportunities