Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Chief Security Adviser (CSA)/Deputy Security Adviser (DSA)/ SSAFE Trainer, the incumbent will assist in the implementation of SSAFE training programme of UNDSS.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
He/she will assist the SSAFE Trainer to provide appropriate SSAFE training to staff at large in Pakistan:
- Disseminate announcements for all SSAFE training courses,
- Organize and coordinate all venues, logistics and administrative requirements,
- Ensure that all staff of the UN system are invited to participate as appropriate,
- Organize, plan and maintain inventory of training materials,
- Ensure that all appropriate learning materials are employed,
- Perform as an instructor/trainer on SSAFE trainings, prepare draft training reports for all SSAFE training, in accordance with established procedures, including appropriate recommendations to enhance training
- Develop and conduct training needs assessments and evaluations of each SSAFE training to identify areas for change, modification, or enhancement of the SSAFE Pakistan training package
- Perform other assignments as required.
- Assists the SSAFE Trainer disseminating announcements for all SSAFE training to UN Agencies, Funds and Programs and INGO/NGO in Pakistan.
- Assists the SSAFE Trainer to organize and coordinate all venues, logistics and administrative requirements needed for SSAFE training in Pakistan.
- Assists the SSAFE Trainer to ensure that all staff members of the UN system are invited to participate as appropriate and to keep SSAFE training data base updated.
- Assists the SSAFE Trainer to organize, plan and maintain inventory of training materials (Laptops, projectors, PPE, VHF Radios, First Aid Kit and any other required materials).
- Assists the SSAFE Trainer to ensure that all appropriate learning materials are employed (tests, handouts).
- Performs as an instructor/trainer on SSAFE trainings, to be able to deliver any topic included in SSAFE training in English and local language and to prepare draft training reports for all SSAFE courses, in accordance with established procedures, including appropriate recommendations to enhance training.
- Assists the SSAFE Trainer to develop and conduct training needs assessments and evaluations of each SSAFE training to identify areas for change, modification, or enhancement of the SSAFE Pakistan training package, especially regarding preparation and performance of role players during practical part of SSAFE training.
- Perform other assignments as required.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the safety and security of all UN personnel by building security awareness in order for them to be safe.
- Commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter and the Organization’s core values – Professionalism, Integrity and Respect for Diversity
- Planning and Organizing: Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor his/her own work plan with minimum supervision. Ability to work under pressure or in crisis situations. Availability to travel within the area of responsibility.
- Creativity: Ability to actively seek to improve services, offer new and different options to solve problems/meet client needs, and promote and persuade others to consider new ideas
- Teamwork: Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to listen and work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Communication: Proven and sustained communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Client Orientation: Considers clients point of views; establishes and maintains trust and respect of client community
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Secondary Education. A postgraduate degree from a recognized university is desirable but is not a requirement.
- 7 years experience in security or military or police context or related field of work.
- Prior work experience with the UN system or an International NGO on training is desirable
- Language Requirements:
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Other Skills and Requirements:
- SSAFE ToT considered an asset;
- Experience as a SSAFE training instructor considered an asset;
- Experience in diplomatic security, protection and intelligence considered an asset;
- Knowledge of host country security structures;
- Solid computers skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
- Possession of a valid driver’s license;
- Ability to travel;
- Physically fit.