Staff Administrative Assistant
Kosovo Specialist Chambers and Specialist Prosecutor's Office , Netherlands
Closing Date for Applications:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To advise and assist the staff and interns of the Kosovo Specialist Chambers and Specialist Prosecutor’s Office concerning Human Resources policies and procedures;
- To contribute to the development, implementation and review of the Human Resources strategies, policies and procedures;
- To advise the staff and interns on their benefits and entitlements in accordance with the established policies;
- To advise the staff and interns regarding the health insurance policy, and to be their point of contact for any health insurance matters;
- To process leave, home travel, other staff requests checking eligibility and compliance with the established policies and procedures, including necessary update of the respective databases/systems;
- To enter and update records in all personnel related databases/ERP system and to manage the physical files of staff and interns;
- To coordinate timely the performance evaluation process and renewal of contract/extension of tour of duty exercises for the staff and maintain relevant records;
- To coordinate with all relevant stakeholders, including Line Managers, the deployment of selected candidates, redeployment and check-in/out of staff members and interns;
- To prepare accurately the employment contracts, internship agreements and their amendments/annexes;
- To calculate the payroll, entitlements, leave balance of staff and interns in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with the established policies and procedures;
- To draft the decision/information memoranda, communication to staff and interns on all personnel related matters and to be responsible for their accuracy;
- To plan and organise the relevant training/briefings for staff and interns;
- To assist in the handling of all special projects related to personnel issues;
- To undertake any other related tasks as requested by the Line Managers.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- A level of secondary education attested by a diploma
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant professional experience, after having fulfilled the education requirements.
Specification of Education and Experience:
- A minimum of seven (7) years of responsible professional full-time experience in personnel administration/financial matters, in particular calculation of payroll/staff entitlements;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, both verbal and written;
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access);
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Tact, accuracy with an eye for details and discretion;
- Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and produce accurate work under pressure and in difficult circumstances;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with people of different national and/or cultural backgrounds with respect for diversity.
- Knowledge of the functioning of the EU and in particular CSDP Missions;
- Good understanding of the political, cultural and security situation of the Balkans, in particular Kosovo;
- International experience, particularly with multi-national and international organisations;
- Experience with SharePoint.