Staff Capacity Development Coordinator
world vision, Karen, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the position:
To coordinate, monitor and evaluate the implementation of staff learning & development programs and lead the roll-out of talent management initiatives in line with the WV Partnership standards and People & Culture Priorities.
Learning Needs Assessment:
- Conduct annual staff learning needs assessment for the entire organization to establish staff performance gaps.
- Categorize training needs of staff based on functions and office location
- Liaise with Line Managers to develop annual departmental training plans
- Liaise with departmental heads to develop training budgets to be incorporated in grant proposals and National Office budgets
Learning & Development programs:
- Identify and recommend development opportunities for all categories of staff aligned to individual development plans and organizational priorities
- Facilitate and coordinate relevant in house training programs based on identified training needs and new partnership initiatives with a special focus on field based national staff
- Liaise with external facilitators where need be to deliver trainings and team building sessions that may require external resource facilitation.
- Monitor quality of training and post training implementation to identify gaps/issues that require refresher sessions or a new training methodology
- Conduct in house surveys to assess effectiveness of various training programs and monitor change in behavior and competence
- Use training evaluation data, including documentation of lessons learned and ensure future initiatives have incorporated the learnings
- Prepare learning & development impact reports to be shared with World Vision senior management teams and Support Offices
- Conduct periodic performance management trainings for new and existing staff and Line managers
- Communicate partnership performance management guidelines to staff and managers
- Monitor and report on submission of performance agreements, mid-year reviews and annual reviews
- Educate Line Managers on how to reinforce a performance aligned culture through consequence management
- Ensure roll-out of the staff recognition scheme
- Coordinate the annual and semi-annual nomination & selection processes
Talent & Leadership Development:
- Liaise with Departmental Heads to identify potential talent for future management and specialist positions
- Provide guidance, frameworks and tools to Departmental Heads on talent management, career path and succession planning
- Consolidate talent pools per function and succession plans for mission critical roles
- Liaise with World Vision International People & Culture teams to design and coordinate Talent development initiatives
- Liaise with Managers to develop an orientation handbook that will assist new international staff to understand the Somalia culture and customs
- Organize and coordinate a comprehensive orientation program for new staff to support their smooth onboarding in the organization.
- In liaison with Line Managers, prepare orientation materials and packs for new staff.
- Ensure appropriate orientation documentation is filed in personnel files
Focal Point - Learning Resources:
- Oversee the resource center and maintain a register of resources such as books, magazines, DVDs CDs that are available
- Identify distant learning programs appropriate for relevant staff and validate authenticity of learning institutions.
- Ensure identified facilitators in Somalia are equipped and certified to meet expected standards and quality of facilitation.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Human Resource management, Business Management or relevant field
- Certified Trainer of Trainees as a subject matter expert
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a competent Training Coordinator in an International Organization
- Passionate about people development
- Proven ability to coach and facilitate in-house trainings in a multi-cultural environment
- Very good interpersonal skills and ability to engage and influence at senior level
- Very good report writing and marketing skills
- Excellent use of PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Exhibit teamwork and high levels of accountability
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Committed to excellence with a strong focus on customer service
- Able to work in stressful environments and effectively manage stress
- Ability to handle multiply projects and priorities with limited supervision