Staff Safety Manager
Norwegian Refugee Council, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Closing Date for Applications:
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Conduct Security Risk Analysis (SRA) for country as well as individual operational areas and revise these periodically according to minimum operational requirements (MOSS)
- Update MOSS compliance score cards on a monthly basis
- Ensure all staff have completed UN’s “Basic Security in The Field” and “Advanced Security in the Filed” online courses
- Ensure all staff have received Hostile Environment Individual Security Training (HEIST) and first aid training
- Carry out daily and weekly situational analysis and provide strategic advice to Country Director and Country Management Group accordingly
- Oversee and provide necessary advice on developing safety and security plans for Rapid Response Missions
- Take part in Go/No Go meetings providing inputs to new proposals/concept notes/budgets
- Compile and send weekly reports to HQ
- Be an active member of NGO security coordination mechanisms in national level and ensure field offices do the same.
- Ensure internal information gathering, storing and sharing systems are in place
- Maintain a database of contacts at national level and field level that could be useful during negotiations and crises situations.
- Ensure all field offices are compliance with MOSS by carrying out periodic audits
- Ensure all offices are fully equipped to monitor movements, respond to emergencies i.e.- medical, hibernation, relocation/evacuation etc.
Qualifications: Graduate with the minimum of 5 years of experience as a senior Security Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Education field: Administration / Organisation / Management
- Education level: College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the context in Ethiopia, proven writing and reporting skills