About the Organization:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise include Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development, Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & eGovernance.
Position: State Consultant Poshan Abhiyaan - BMGF funded Nutrition Project, Jharkhand
About the BMGF project
The BMGF supported Nutrition project WeCan (We Collaborate for Nutrition) will work in collaboration with three donors in three states. The project which will be implemented from 2017-2020, and focus on strengthening three platform, Health in Jharkhand, ICDS in Rajasthan and OLM in Odisha to achieve nutrition outcomes. Further in Jharkhand the Project will extend focus on strengthening Poshan Abhiyaan components from ICDS platform. The learnings from these experiences will be shared regularly on a national platform that will bring together key development partners and Govt stakeholders.
IPE Global invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of State Consultant, Jharkhand for engagement with Pohan Abhiyaan.
S/he will provide technical and operational guidance to the POSHAN Abhiyan, DoWCD in managing and delivering some of the key components such as Behavioral Change, Convergence, Innovations, Training and Capacity Building through strategic use of data in Jharkhand. This will involve maintaining day-to-day work relationships with the Department of Social Welfare, Woman and Child Development; State Nutrition Mission in Jharkhand. Also, the consultant will maintain relationship with Jharkhand State Livelihood Promotion Society (JSLPS) and the Nutrition Partner Organizations (C2IQ) in Jharkhand.
- Work closely with Dept of WCD, Poshan Abhiyan, ICDS and State Nutrition Mission (SNM) to provide technical and operations guidance in scaling up of evidence-based strategies, processes, tools and materials related to maternal, infant and young child nutrition.
- Situated at the POSHAN Abhiyaan, Social Welfare Department, Jharkhand, the State Consultant must work closely with the Director, Social Welfare, Assistant Directors, and JPCs along with the consultants of UNICEF and World Bank to drive the strategies, processes, tools and materials in context to the components of POSHAN Abhiyaan.
- Extend operational support to POSHAN Abhiyaan to plan and anchor C2IQ (DPs) meetings, approve agenda; facilitate sending invitation from POSHAN Abhiyaan to DPs, drafting minutes of meetings, approvals and sharing with DPs.
- Coordinate and facilitate the review and approval of the SOP for quality improvement of CBE, Home visits and Monitoring of complementary feeding and roll out plans from PSHAON Abhiyaan.
- Coordinate and facilitate the review and approval of the CBE, IEC Advocacy and Janandolan strategy and roll out plan as the part of Behavioral Change component of POSAHN Abhiyaan.
- Facilitate with POSHAN Abhiyaan to roll out of routine monitoring of CBE and Home visits using standard checklist involving the DPs in their respective geographical locations in the state.
- Analyze and prepare reports/PPTs on specific indicators from the findings of routine monitoring and ICDS-CAS and share with Director, POSHAN Abhiyaan, Assistant Directors, JPCs etc on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate and facilitate monthly review meetings in POSHAN Abhiyan to review the progress using the findings from routine monitoring and ICDS-CAS data chaired by Director Social Welfare.
- Facilitate approvals, issue of directives, letters, GOs from WCD to Districts for smooth implementation CBE, Home visits, IEC Advocacy, Jan Andolan and routine monitoring across the State.
- Extend technical support to POSHAN Abhiyaan in budget planning for the behavioral change components of the program as per the roll out plan.
- Follow up with the DCs, DSWOs and Development Partners on the implementation of the directives, letters, GOs issued from the WCD.
- Facilitate joint field visits with State Officials to selected districts and monitor the progress of the work.
- Facilitate to promote good practices from other partners and projects in Jharkhand and share within and outside state.
- Document lessons learned and good practices from the project.
- Submit monthly progress reports to WeCan–IPE Global in prescribed template for submission of monthly report to Director, Social Welfare.
- Attend the WeCan-IPE Global State team meetings every month to share progress and plans.
- Maintain effective communication with the State and National project team members.
- Any other activities as par the requirement of the project and donor.
- Master’s in Nutrition/Public Health/Social Science/Communication from a recognized university with minimum 10-15 years of experience in managing large projects/programmes with the State Government. Preferably worked extensively in the field of Maternal Nutrition, Infant and Young Child Nutrition with WCD/ICDS/POSHAN Abhiyaan.
- Experience in working with Government in system strengthening of nutrition interventions using ICDS platform preferably in Jharkhand or similar states like Chattisgarh, Bihar, MP, and Orissa.
- In-depth understanding of ICDS, POSHAN Abhiyaan, Maternal Nutrition, Infant and Young Child Nutrition indicators, WHO recommendations and guidelines, national level survey data and GoI guidelines.
- Exceptional results orientation combined with strong relationship management skills. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with government counterparts, implementation partners, as well as, with development agencies;
- Demonstrated experience building and leading strategic partnerships with key stakeholders from diverse sectors including NGOs, government and the private sector;
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with data base management and commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel and Power Point, etc.;