The State Program Coordinator – Monitoring Evaluation and Documentation, as part of technical assistance portfolio to Government of Madhya Pradesh will primarily support State Program Manager (SPM) in Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation activities of the IFA supplementation program for children and adolescents. S/he will also support the SPM in successful implementation of the Anganwadi and School based National Deworming Day program. The State Program Coordinator will be responsible for managing all aspects of the M&E plan, including planning for program monitoring, provide inputs in development of monitoring tools and questionnaires, implementation of monitoring plan, data management, analysis and documentation of results. The State Program Coordinator will also support the SPM in the sharing and dissemination of program performance results at various platforms as identified. As for all staff, s/he must possess a sense of collaboration and mutual understanding and a willingness to assist colleagues. The position is required to travel for approximately 20% of time.
State Program Coordinator – Monitoring Evaluation and Documentation will report to the State Program Manager for overall monitoring, evaluation and documentation component of the program at state level.
Scope of Work:
- Support State Program Manager in development of M&E operational plans, work plans to improve program targeting, strengthening monitoring and reporting systems.
- Guide district, regional coordinators and tele-callers to engage with Health, Education and ICDS (WCD) officials at various district and block levels for various purposes including qualitative and quantitative data collection, dissemination and coordination for effective roll out of M&E plans.
- Assist the State Program Manager with the monitoring of process, performance and impact indicators envisaged and iteratively refined for the program.
- Execute the monitoring protocols and tools in close collaboration with Research Analyst and Research Associate at Delhi office under the overall guidance of Deputy Director-MLE.
- Provide input to the development and refinement of the monitoring framework.
- Provide inputs to ensure quality in the translations of survey tools in a timely fashion.
- Create a set of digital templates, tools & reporting formats that can be used by State office-based team, Regional Coordinators and District Coordinators for data collection and compilation.
- Conduct regular trainings and refreshers for Regional Coordinators and District Coordinators on the evolving process monitoring protocols.
- Maintain a high quality of databases and datasets related to the IFA Supplementation program and National Deworming Day.
- Manage secondary data review and analysis in context to using large data sets like DLHS, NFHS, Census, UDISE etc. and make use for program improvements as required. Also undertake review and analysis of dataset and documents available from other programs as available.
- Provide supportive supervision to monitoring, evaluation and data collection processes in the field while ensuring utmost quality for the data being collected.
- Document qualitative insights from program and technical support teams in the state and prepare reports for discussion and decision making on program improvements.
- Monitor and document (quantitative and qualitative) outcomes of specific interventions adopted as program improvement strategies.
- Liaise with Health, WCD and Education department in preparing and submitting program and other reports on a timely basis, as required, for internal and external use.
- Undertake other duties as necessary and assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post Graduate Degree in Statistics, Economics, Population Science, Demography or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 4- 5 years of experience in M&E, documentation and report writing.
- Good knowledge and understanding of public sector health systems and knowledge of school and anganwadi based health programs (preferred).
- Work experience in research/ consultancy organizations especially in large scale surveys M&E projects is desirable and experience with working on STATA or SPSS is desirable.
- Prior experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis is desirable.
- Highly motivated to achieve exceptional quality of results, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication- spoken and written skills in English and Hindi are essential.
- Ability to explain the M&E data in an easy way to non- technical audience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
Evidence Action places a strong value on relevant personal qualities: innovation, responsibility, tenacity, motivation, and work ethics. We seek a highly committed and adaptable individual with the ability to take the initiative when asked, to work effectively in a high-pressure environment, and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.