Evidence Action is a non-profit dedicated to scaling proven, cost-effective interventions to alleviate poverty. In India, its technical consultant Pramanit Karya India Private Limited, provides technical assistance to national and select state government’s ministries of health, education, and women and child development to implement the school and anganwadi based National Deworming Day program to improve children’s health, education, and long-term development.
The India program invites applications for the position of State Program Coordinator – Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation – Bihar to be based at the Patna state office.
The State Program Coordinator – M&E and Documentation, as part of technical assistance to Government of Bihar, will support State Program Manager (SPM) in Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation activities of inputs, processes and results for successful implementation of the Anganwadi and School based National Deworming Day program. The State Program Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of the M&E plan, including planning for program monitoring, provide inputs in development of monitoring tools and questionnaires, implementation of monitoring plan, data management, analysis and documentation of results. The State Program Coordinator will also support the SPM in the sharing and dissemination of program performance results at various platforms as identified. As for all staff, s/he must possess a sense of collaboration and mutual understanding and a willingness to assist colleagues.
State Program Coordinator – M&E and Documentation will report to the State Program Manager, Bihar for overall monitoring, evaluation and documentation component of the program at state level.
Scope of Work:
- Lead efforts to resource and maintain a high quality of database including statistics from WCD and Education department. S/he will share program database with Government of Bihar at regular intervals for evidence-based planning and decision making for the program.
- Will document program and technical support activities and prepare reports on program status as required.
- Work with other team members to liaise with Health, WCD, Education department, MDM and Jeevika in preparing and submitting program and other reports on a timely basis, as required, for internal and external use.
- Assist the State Program Manager with the monitoring of process, performance and impact indicators envisaged for the program.
- Monitor and document results of specific interventions across program improvement strategies and data for effective planning, assessment of progress and measure outcomes and impact.
- Manage secondary data review and analysis in context to Bihar state deworming program using large data sets like DLHS, NFHS, Census, UDISE etc. and make use for program improvements. Also undertake review and analysis of dataset available from other programs as available.
- Support State Program Manager in development of operational plans, work plans to improve program targeting, strengthening monitoring and reporting systems of deworming program.
- Provide supportive supervision to monitoring, evaluation and data collection processes in the field while ensuring utmost quality for the data being collected.
- Guide district coordinators, for follow up with Health, Education and ICDS (WCD) officials at various district and block level to expedite deworming coverage reporting process.
- Undertake other duties as necessary and assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post Graduate Degree/diploma social sciences, public health, health management or related disciplines. Candidates having qualification in population studies/statistics/demography will be preferred.
- Minimum of 4- 5 years of experience in M&E, documentation and report writing.
- Good knowledge and understanding of public sector health systems and knowledge of school and anganwadi based health programs (preferred).
- Work experience in research/ consultancy organizations especially in large scale surveys M&E projects is desirable and experience with working on STATA or SPSS is desirable.
- Highly motivated to achieve exceptional quality of results, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Hindi are essential.
- Ability to explain the M&E data in an easy way to non- technical audience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
All contracting arrangements are made through Pramanit Karya India Private Limited. Pramanit Karya India Private Limited is an equal opportunity employer.