Food and Agriculture Organization, Rome, Italy
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Statistical/Research Assistant performs a variety of routine technical, procedural and record-keeping support duties contributing to statistical data collection and presentation.
- Supervision Received/Exercised
- The Statistical/Research Assistant reports to a Senior Economist or Economist in EST. He / she acts independently in routine matters. Supervision received provides for technical and procedural guidance and on-the-job learning opportunities.
- The Statistical/Research Assistant engages with colleagues from within the work unit and with immediate clients supported, providing routine and standard services in assistance of data collection, analysis and presentation.
- Compile data from source material such as questionnaires, publications, surveys, research projects, websites, reports, databases, etc.;
- Verify completeness and accuracy of source data delivered to FAO by external stakeholder;
- Review specific indicators and apply routine statistical methods to check the validity and to identify any statistical discrepancies;
- Enter, retrieve and update data from existing databases;
- Process/ compute statistical data according to formulae; assemble related outputs following prescribed procedures and instructions received; abstract and highlight specific features of data;
- Prepare standard statistical reports, tables and diagrams to show evidence and comparison of statistical information to facilitate further review and analysis;
- Prepare country notes on the availability and quality of national statistics and update internal metadata system;
- Perform other duties as required.
Impact Of Work
- The Statistical/Research Assistant participates as part of a team in the provision of statistical and research support services. Actions reflect on the immediate and wider work unit.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Education: Secondary School Education
- Experience: Two years of experience in administrative and/ or data processing support work
- Languages: Working knowledge (Level C) of English and limited knowledge (Level B) of one of the other FAO languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)