The unit’s work is cross-cutting in nature, providing support to UNICEF’s Supply Division, Regional and Country Offices, and collaborating with other Divisions and external supply partners. The position with this Job Profile provides reliable and timely supply data in view of supporting analysis, monitoring, forecasting and demand planning for supply and logistics activities, and supports the development of capacity in these areas in countries.
How Can You Make a Difference?
Under the supervision of the Planning Manager , the position (i) provides reliable and timely supply data which supports analysis and monitoring of the global supply function by Country and Regional offices, Procurement Services Customers and Supply Division; (ii) assists in the development, testing and implementation of business process improvements and tools, including SAP-VISION; (iii) assists in demand planning via the collection and/or generation of relevant data and analysis.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities of the Statistics & Monitoring Associate:
- Provide required statistics for the Director’s Office, including Supply Division annual reports and regular reports, ensuring accuracy of the data and analysis, creating the required tools for data validation.
- Develop, standardize and improve tools and models for data analysis, including tools for data-validation, monitoring, planning, reporting, supply chain visibility and performance management.
- Collaborate with the Communications unit and the Director’s Office on supply data for external usage.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of comprehensive forecast exercises to secure quality demand plans for a sustained and uninterrupted supply of UNICEF essential and strategic supplies, including the generation and maintenance of relevant historical databases, and the regular demand updates and follow-up with contract managers.
- Prepare analysis on data collated to support activities like forecast accuracy, cost accounting, supply chain strengthening, market analysis, supplier performance and inventory management.
- Review, analyse, test and maintain expertise on all Supply Division’s SAP reports. In collaboration with the Business Intelligence team in NY test and review Dashboards based on reporting requirements from Supply Division ensuring accuracy of output and usefulness of the tools.
- Prepare and maintain user manuals and documentation for the standard Supply Division reporting, monitoring and planning tools, including supporting training to users as applicable, as well as for Country Office reports.
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of business process improvements.
- Provide any other assistance as required by the supervisor.
To qualify as a Champion for every Child you will have…
- Completion of Secondary School Diploma
- Min 6 years of work experience in public and/or private sector with supply chain/demand planning, including data processing and analysis.
- Systems competent, preferable with knowledge of SAP
- Good customer service skills including the ability to communicate effectively and to different situations and target groups
- Ability to develop and maintain an effective network of working relationships
- Super-user level of skill in MS Excel
- Fluency in English
- Valid work permit and residency in Denmark at the time of submitting the application. Note that the selected candidate is responsible for obtaining any required extension of their residence permit as such an extension cannot be dependent on an employment with UNICEF.
- University course work or diploma in business, economics, statistics, supply chain, project management, communication, development or related field
- Working knowledge of the MS Office Package, especially Power BI
- Fluency in French