STEM Fellowship 2020 - 2022
Universe Simplified Foundation, Maharashtra, India
Closing Date for Applications:
The Fellowship (launched by Universe Simplified Foundation) is a full time, two-year immersive fellowship during which the fellow will set up and run low cost, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) based Innovation Hubs within low income schools and community centers for rural children. In addition to gaining an in-depth understanding of inquiry-driven and hands-on STEM education, the fellows will also work on multiple social innovation projects (example: smokeless chulla, plastic brick making machine, rice cutting machine, etc) during the course of the fellowship.
Requirement - 1 Fellow
Roles and responsibilities:
- Working directly with the children and facilitating hands-on, inquiry driven STEM workshops for grades 6 to 10.
- Program execution and operations for the assigned Innovation Hubs.
- Development of STEM-based curriculum and modules.
- Working on innovative projects for rural and urban development. Few examples include a smokeless chulla, water harvesting system and an electric bike.
- Engaging the stakeholders (parents, teachers, and communities) by conducting regular meetings and maintaining the feedback cycle.
- Training/ coordinating with interns.
- This is not an exhaustive list.
Qu alifications and skills required:
- Language: English, Hindi & Marathi
- Work experience: Not mandatory
- Minimum education requirement: None
- Should be well versed with MS Office/ Google Docs
- Passionate about the Education Sector
- Love tinkering and making projects
- Excited by Science and Technology
- Want to become a STEM Educator
- Have high motivation and ownership
Stipend: INR 20,000 per month