Strategic Business Development Lead
World Vision, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Closing Date for Applications:
World Vision Lanka has extensive private sector partnerships which leverage and contribute to social outcomes across its multiple thematic development areas. This position will lead the emerging practice of generating revenue through enterprise to contribute to the organization’s programs and development goals.
- Contribute to the formulation and revision of new business development strategies, models and programmes.
- Provide necessary technical inputs for the formulation and submission of project proposals, business plans, cash flows, etc.
- Ensure quality of products / services being marketed to meet the quality demands of stakeholders for a business venture.
- Build and maintain World Vision Lanka’s relationships with external stakeholders.
- Map out and approach potential partners for strategic engagement, aligned to World Vision Lanka’s strategy.
- Required Qualifications, Experience & Competencies
- Master’s degree in Economics / Finance / Business Development / relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience directly working in the development sector / social enterprise space including a minimum 6 years’ experience leading and managing teams.
- Experience in setting up and managing new business including preparation of business cases, cash flows and financial modelling.
- Extensive knowledge on national and provincial policies and national and international trends of enterprise development, local economic development, and related sectors
- A thorough knowledge of the social enterprise space, and capacity to develop a strategy for WVL to differentiate itself in this market
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and ability to effectively represent World Vision with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication; ability to speak and write fluently in English