Strategic Information Evaluation Assistant
FHI 360 , Zimbabwe
Closing Date for Applications:
The SIE Assistant works under the direct supervision of the District Program Leader (DPL) and will work to support the District coordinators, District facilitators, Club facilitators in M&E related activities for FHI 360 Zimbabwe at District level. S/he collaborates closely with other colleagues at facility level to provide data management support.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Capture and verify entered data by reviewing, correcting, changing or deleting captured information in DHIS2 database.
- Provide assistance in M&E processes, data collection, surveys and data quality requirements at district level.
- Attend Referral working group meetings.
- Support in the review and checking of data generated in line with the DREAMS M&E reporting requirements.
- Prepare, sort and check all clients’ records for verification and making sure that accurate data is being entered on the registers and in DHIS2 database.
- Establish entry priorities by maintaining understanding of what data needs to be entered first.
- Secure entered information by performing routine data backups as required
- Check completed work for accuracy, consistence and completeness, liaise with supervisor for incomplete records and make any required changes as required.
- Ensure a proper filing system for both hard and soft copies
- Check source documents against entered data to ensure data integrity at every stage.
- Produce automated data entry and integration reports when requested.
- Use data for District planning, programming and assessment of performance
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Sound knowledge and experience regarding data management and well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated attention to detail; ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently as well as cooperatively with team members.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of a University degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Demography or any related field.
- At least one-year relevant experience in providing M&E support for community HIV programs.
- Sound practical knowledge in using computer programs.
- Good reading and writing skills