Strategic Information Manager
mothers2mothers, Luanda, Angola
Closing Date for Applications:
The Strategic Information Manager will be the lead technical expert responsible for all strategic information responsibilities related to the country office, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results. S/he will lead all efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and performance reporting within Angola, which includes overseeing support to subpartners to monitor, document and analyse the performance of their HIV services and activities to ensure data quality. S/he will liaise with relevant technical advisers, counterparts responsible for district and provincial level strategic information and monitoring, evaluation, and support coordination with national Management Information Systems (MIS). The SI Manager will be required to understand the entire m2m program in order to easily question results and identify areas for improvement. The position will be based at the Country Office in Luanda.
Key Performance Areas:
- Management of project specific M&E framework and Plan including systems requirements
- Manage project evaluations including synthesis of information and managing dissemination towards improved knowledge sharing/management
- Develop and adapt M&E system in line with project priorities and MEL framework
- Support m2m’s internal quality improvement initiative, Project BIO, as it relates to all aspects of the Angola programme
- Weekly review data to ensure correctness and completeness.
- Generate data reports based on entered data on a periodic basis and as required.
- Ensure receipt of all monthly M&E and other reporting forms from all sites
- Support data management in relation to periodic evaluations and operations research
- Update data systems to capture additional information based on project and donor needs.
Data quality monitoring
- Lead routine data compilation, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Lead implementation of all M&E activities; development of tools, capacity building, site supervision, data collection and reporting.
- Review data to ensure completeness and accuracy in data entry, follow up on missing data and data reporting forms, and implement data quality controls
- Facilitate data utilisation including guiding routine performance monitoring ensuring provision of analytical data to inform effective QA/QI
- Lead project M&E related internal and external reporting, providing relevant strategic information for evidence-based programmatic and strategic decision-making
- Work with M&E colleagues to provide relevant data and information required to develop proposals and compile donor reports and head office reports.
- Provide data and information whenever required to document lessons learned and special reports.
- Prepare and deliver presentations for donors and Ministry of Health.
- Maintain filling system to ensure secure and organized storage of site reporting forms and other related M&E documents
- Coordinate the supply, production, and distribution of printed M&E tools for all m2m sites in Angola
- Assist the Angola Country Team as required including running reports of data used for programme review and planning.
- Provide strategic information for evidence-based programmatic and strategic decision-making in relation to programme performance monitoring, planning, resource mobilisation, strategic positioning and programme design.
Capacity Building & Management
- Lead in-person and virtual training sessions of site staff on data documentation, indicators, monthly data compilation and data quality check techniques.
- Conduct on site supportive supervision visits to identify gaps and challenges faced by site staff and offer onsite training, mentoring and support for improved data collection and management.
- Collaborate with the country team to formulate roll-out plans for new data collection tools.
- Facilitate M&E training components during pre-service training and in-service training
- Provide cross-functional line management, supervision and support to Provincial M&E Assistants
- Oversight & development of M&E technical expertise for project team to ensure adequate capacity to support project activities.
- Strengthen relationship with MOH and other partners at municipal, provincial and national level to ensure access to other alternative data sources.
- Lead interactions with other PEPFAR USAID Implementing partners to share key lessons and good practices for improved data collection and management
- Engage with PEPFAR / USAID M & E teams for improved data management and quality assurance/quality improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. public health, statistics, or demography)
- Minimum of five years’ experience work experience in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, performance- based programs funded by PEPFAR.
- Demonstrated ability to be the senior subject matter expert in data analytics
- Proven experience in managing and processing data, including conducting data quality audits in the health sector, experience with HIV/AIDS programmes and PEPFAR reporting requirements is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including data visualizations
- Demonstrated ability prepare robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data quality analyses and make recommendations based on findings.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Angola’s health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting.
- Computer skills and experience using MS Excel, Outlook and Access are a requirement
- Knowledge of DHIS2, Commcare, SPSS, Epi info, Epi-data or Stata packages (at least one of these)
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English.
- Excellent knowledge of M&E systems development, best practices, innovations and international developments in HIV.