Strategic Information/ MER DREAMS Manager
FHI 360, Pretoria, South Africa
Closing Date for Applications:
- Provide technical oversight and support in ensuring robust monitoring and collection of the DREAMS project data and reporting of results against all core and customized indicators, to USAID/PEPFAR using specified reporting platforms and, in compliance with specified donor reporting timeframes.
- Work closely with the data analyst to ensure regular analysis of project performance data and with the project technical team to produce custom data visuals; consistent dissemination of indicator results at all levels within FHI 360 level and that feedback is given at the project implementation level to all stakeholders.
- Lead the development of MER guidelines and relevant SOP on data management systems.
- Lead the development of monitoring systems for the referral to different service providers such as health care facility, education, and any other service provision in accordance with the DREAMS layered services.
- Troubleshoot data repository to identify and facilitate improvement of data platforms, database etc.
- Ensure reporting of DREAMS indicators including but not limited to AGYW_Prev; PP_Prev; Prep_Link and etc.
- Manages referrals and linkages data and ensures availability and sharing of this data with all stake holders
- Ensure data quality assessment and data validation methods are designed and implemented throughout DREAMS supported programs.
- Work closely with the SI Director and with technical teams in supporting performance-related trouble shooting and in facilitating timely resolution of these issues.
- Strengthen the capacity of DREAMS SI Officers and data capturers and provides supportive supervision to these staff members.
- Identify M and E training needs, and facilitate workshops, coaching, and mentor ship is provided.
- Supervise and support the data management, analysis, service level data validations and other quality management-related initiatives linked to the PEPFAR indicator data set.
- Takes full responsibility for implementation of data validation activities across the DREAMS project, ensuring that tools are updated as necessary and that a periodic schedule for these activities is developed and adhered to; that reports are received and results entered into a database, and improvement action plans are implemented effectively in line with best practices.
- Further program learning and adaptation through analysis and triangulation of data, documenting program successes and contributing to the production of analytical and technical reports, contributing to any operations or implementation research, evaluations, presentations, and related publications.
- Any other related tasks assigned by the SI Director.
- Five years’ experience as a SI/MER Manager or Senior Officer/Advisor in USAID/PEPFAR funded programs.
- Knowledge of HIV, health, and development programs in developing countries in general and Sub-Saharan Africa specifically.
- Sound knowledge and experience regarding health M&E, data quality assurance/quality improvement, and their specificities.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Experience managing, supervising, and building the capacity of Data captures and data coordinators as well as implementing partner level MER staff.
- Capacity to consistently provide technical inputs on the DREAMS CDS project to improve the quality of HIV and AIDS service delivery or technical assistance.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain healthy, productive working relationships among project staff and implementing partners.
- Ability to represent FHI 360 to donors, government officials and the NGO community.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Ability to manage work independently, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- High level communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills and willingness to undertake additional
- responsibilities as necessary, and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Well-developed computer skills
- Up to 40% (subject to COVID-related restrictions)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Masters’ Degree in Public Health or Social Sciences or similar degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience with at least 5 years progressive experience in senior program-level M&E leadership position in a large HIV/AIDS program at
- national or international level.
- Sound practical knowledge of strategic information, MER indicator Frameworks, Health Information Systems, and MER plan development and the use of relevant software for data management or analysis.
- Proven experience in M&E system development, management, and planning and facilitating related technical training.
- Familiarity with USAID and PEPFAR programs is required.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Experience with analyzing or utilizing health program datasets, databases or electronic medical records platforms like DHIS 2, Open MRS, Tier.Net etc.