Strategic Pricing Analyst
FHI 360, Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Performs pricing research, analysis and strategy development to assist with determining price-to-win or best-value pricing strategies for government, commercial, foundation, and multi-lateral clients in early stages of business development. Plans and organizes routine, strategic capture opportunities. Assist with competitive intelligence data gathering and analysis and provides input into the recommendation of price targets and effective pricing approaches to drive growth and profitability. Works with teams to develop recommended pricing strategies to support overall price-to-win or best-value strategy. Presents findings to internal teams for decision-making. Support communications on financial offerings and value with clients. Participates in departmental projects as assigned.
- Conducts research and analysis to assist in the development of probable competitive bid price range utilizing expected Request for Proposal/Application evaluation criteria, funder behaviors, and competitive positioning on non-price evaluation factors.
- Provides support to the probable bid range using quantitative data such as customer budget data, salary and wrap rate modeling, labor profile modeling, industry benchmarks & metrics, reverse engineering of past bids and judgment.
- Works on business case analysis considering bid and execution models.
- Works to gains consensus on price to win or financial positioning and begins budget development to achieve target while ensuring competitiveness and feasibility.
- Provides pricing strategy support in capture and proposal development meetings and discussions to support business decisions throughout the organization.
- Maintains compliance with company policies and procedures to achieve goals.
- Maintains, and coordinates capture and proposal files from initiation to award notification.
- Serves as a resource for the proposal and negotiating team in preparing offers, counteroffers, and making recommendations regarding financial impact of terms or condition trade-offs.
- Maintains and analyzes price reference documentation and makes recommendations to facilitate optimal pricing decisions.
- Possess analytical skills and knows how to use systems to generate reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- General knowledge and experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), budgeting, fiscal control practices and reporting guidelines.
- Basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures related to pricing analysis.
- Basic knowledge in pricing of various award mechanisms including grants, cooperative agreements, and various contract types.
- Basic knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that have impact on financial cost & pricing models and practices.
- Enhanced basic negotiation techniques, cost/price analysis, legal and regulatory interpretations, unique terms and conditions, subcontracting requirements and complex technical specifications.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of federal pricing and cost analysis theory, concepts and principles. Able to broadly apply these concepts.
- Ability to generate and ensure cost strategies and budget models are responsive to specific requirements of Request For Proposal/Applications.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Fundamental project management, organization, and oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships through collaboration, negotiation, and teamwork.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent • Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Related Field.
- Typically requires a minimum of 3+ years of directly applicable experience; including 1 - 2 years of relevant and/or specific strategic pricing and cost analysis experience.
- Prior experience in business development or cost and pricing. Capture stage support preferred.
- Experience in collaborating with others in project team-oriented environment,
- Communicate analyses verbally and in writing
- Basic experience with USAID rules and regulations.
- Basic knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Super Circulars, and cost or price evaluation techniques.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience preferred.